25

The guys stopped by a few stores to buy mints, mouth wash, and deodorant. They had no time to fully freshen up. They got home and picked up their suits and headed straight to the venue.

When they got there, it was packed, and everyone was just about ready to see the bride and groom walk down the aisle. Some looked a little tired already.

"Yoh, how are we going to make it to the chambers without these people noticing us?" Shaka asked, seeming worried.

"Don't worry. They are all going inside to find a seat. Look, they are heading towards the venue, all of them. See?"

"Yeah, but they are taking their sweet time."

They sat in the car as they waited for everyone to enter the venue to avoid being seen.

As soon as the coast was clear, they drove closer to their chambers and  jogged inside.

"You were almost late to your own wedding." Bab' Mahlangu said, making all of them jump. "Yoh" Shaka said with his hand to his chest.

"How would uMakoti feel had she arrived at the altar, and you were not there? Do you want to ruin her special day? Do you love this girl?"

"Ngiyamthanda uMandisa Baba and I do not plan to ruin her day. She's the love of my life. I would never intentionally break her heart.

"I hope so." Bab'Mahlangu said and left.

"We need to get dressed and make our way to the altar." Shaka said.

As they made their way to their chambers, they bumped into Father Mphiwe. The family Catholic pastor who was going to bless their union. "Hawu Shaka, nguwe lo?"

Shaka scratched the back of his head and chuckled like a shy teenager. "Yebo Baba, yimi lo. Ngiyashada namhlanje baba." He said.

"Hawu yebo, mfana, ngiyakwazi loku. I'm here to bless your union. Congratulations, mfanawami. I'll see you at the altar." He walked past them like nothing happened.

"I thought he was going to give us the "lecture" of our lives." Manqoba said.

"Let's go before we bump into my mom." Shaka said.

***
Mandisa

"Yoh kudala sihleli lana yoh, soon I'll start sweating inside this thingie. She said, referring to the little silk gown brides wear before wearing the actual wedding dress. I think we should have gotten here a little late. Also, I'm hungry." I said.

"Mama, you are the one who said you want to get here early. You wanted everything to be perfect. Nayi, iperfect sisi. I'll get you a little snack and drink." Andiswa said.

Mandisa's mom knocked and entered before Andiswa could get the door. "Sawubona, ngane zami, ninjani?"

"Yebo ma, siyaphila."

"Haibo weh ngane, anigcokanga ngani?"

"Si lambile ma." Andisws said. "We just want something to eat, then we'll dress up after. Si lambile yoh." She said.

Mandisa chuckled. Andiswa seems to forget her manners when she is hungry, and my mom knows that very well.

Ma chuckled and opened way for Andiswa to get out. She walked closer to Mandisa. "Ngane yami, I hope you don't forget everything I taught you while you were growing up. I was preparing you for this day sthandwa sam'." Ma said.

"Mama, how could I ever forget? I know my worth. I know when to leave, and I know how to love someone. I'm grateful that you have raised and supported me. You never gave up on me, too."