✮🕯・:*:。❆ Chilling Arrival ・:*:・❆🕯

The Autobot base was bustling with noise. Friendly laughter and warm smiles all around. The atmosphere felt warm in contrast to the snow outside. The humans had celebrated the holidays around them for years, but this year, seemingly both factions agreed to pause for the holidays. Which was surprising. Perhaps all the fighting had made even Megatron wish for a calm winter.

Optimus stood at the center of the room, directing his fellow bots as they decorated for not only Christmas, but Thanksgiving by default. Bumblebee was a few yards away from him, getting wrapped in Christmas lights by Blaster and Jazz, Wheeljack and Ironhide were talking as they put up the tree, The Aerialbots and triple changers were outside helping put up decorations, a few others were still helping unpack and retrieve Christmas decor they had collected and made, and Prowl was right at his side.

"I still don't entirely believe that the Decepticons are really going to pause their tyranny for something like Christmas." Prowl voiced his concern.

Optimus was almost too distracted by the smell of peppermint to catch what the other said, but he shook his helm and looked to Prowl. "Well– it wouldn't hurt to give them a chance." The leader said calmly. "Besides, Christmas brings all kinds of good things, according to humans.

"Hmph. If you believe so." The police officer said in response, looking at the coffee in his hands. An earth beverage he had come to love.

About a moment more of calm pride from Optimus passed before one of the Aerialbots, Fireflight, ran inside in a panic.

"Megatron! Megatron is walking up to base!!"

Everyone who was just having a fun time seemingly froze and looked at Optimus. He sighed, before saying in a calm tone. "Let's not panic now. Perhaps it's a civil manner. Is he alone?"

"Well...not exactly..he–"

Fireflight was interrupted as the front door was promptly blasted open by Megatron's fusion cannon. Everyone was still frozen aside from a few Autobots getting in fighting ready positions.

The warlord lowered his cannon, and as the gust passed, it was obvious he wasn't alone as Starscream coughed heavily and flailed from where the tyrant held him up by a shoulder vent. A little cruel of a holding on the small seeker. He grimaced and turned to look at Optimus.

"Megatron."

"Optimus."

"What brings you here..with...Starscream being held like a pup in trouble?"

"I AM NOT A–"

Starscream was quickly silenced by Megatron holding him closer to his body and having a hand put over his mouth.

"An offer. If you take this brat off my hands for the next few months, I'll extend the peace to spring."

As Starscream fitted against Megatron's hold, Optimus couldn't help but watch. Starscream was a traitor and, as Megatron said, a brat by all means, but it seemed just by the way Megatron treated him now that he wasn't happy, and well, Optimus wanted everyone to be happy. He looked to Prowl who was desperately shaking his helm for him to say no. He looked back to Starscream, who had begun to bite Megatron's hands and laugh evilly in retaliation.

He looked to the floor and blinked once.

He looked back up before giving a bland thumbs up. "Yeah, sure."

Megatron reached back with Starscream still in hand and threw him so hard he hit the other wall before hitting the ground. As the seeker groaned and mumbled something everyone didn't understand, Megatron gave a curt nod.

"Best decision you've ever made. Now, if I see him before that raccoon sees his shadow or whatever, I will tear the earth apart."

Optimus nervously nodded, looking between the tyrant and Starscream. "Of course, go enjoy your holidays, friend." He said calmly despite how wide and concerned his optics were. Megatron rolled his optics and turned to the door, leaving without another word.