Chatper two: Part 3

'I ordered lunch, by the way.' Gwen lifts her head from her phone as soon as Trent and Gwen slip back into the booth. There's a collection of plates sat atop the table, the food steadily going cold. 'Where the fuck did you two get off too?'

Trent clears his throat, but Gwen beats him to it.

She places a hand on his thigh under the table, obscured from view. 'I needed to ask him something -.'

'And you couldn't just ask him in line?' Courtney arches an eyebrow.

'It was – uh – personal.'

A smirk twists Courtney lips. 'If you wanted sex tips, you should have asked me.'

Trent snorts, then pauses. 'Where's Duncan?'

'He went to see where you two had gotten off to, then said he had to go.' Shrugging, Courtney picks up a fork and skewers a piece of pork on her plate, stuffing it into her mouth. 'Think it was a work thing.'

Slipping his leg from under Gwen's palm, Trent shuffles to the edge of the booth. 'A work thing?'

Under the table, Gwen reaches for Trent's thigh again. Her fingers ghost his jeans before Trent shifts and is once again out of reach.

'Sure -.' Leaning over the table, Courtney hovers her fork over Trent's plate, pointing at a disappointing looking piece of beef. 'You gonna eat that?'

Trent pushes the bowl forward before standing. 'Have it. I've got to go.'

(sorry for short chapter😅😅)