i

«It ends with us»I read and huff.«It will probably end with me and a couple of cats»
I close the book and sit up in my bed.Lighting up a cigarette I inhale the smoke.

It's comforting, makes me forget all my shit and just relax.But can being high really make me get past everything and feel at peace?No,it's just a temporary moment that will leave me, reminding me that it is not the only thing that abounded me. Just thinking of my mom gives me the ick.

But I know one thing for sure,I have someone who has my back ; my friends. Wait...
«Where the fuck are they?» I think to myself as I reach to grab my phone . 9.34pm

As I am about to call John B I hear a honk and...there they are.I wave at them from my window and as a response JB honks twice.I run out of my room,put my shoes on and go out to the van.

The back door opens and I see JJ standing there with his hand resting on the van's roof.«You coming in or what?»he shouts with his familiar grin on his face.

I get inside and sit beside him.«John B did you get the beer?»I ask .

«Not even saying hello ?Asking how I'm doing? You just cut to the chase?» he complained-joked

«I saw you like five hours ago ,and you're in front of me ,right now ,looking pretty well.So tell me where's the alcohol?»I responded teasingly

John B glanced at me from the mirror with a smirk on his face.«The barrels are full of beer and already waiting for us  at the beach.»
«Fuck Yeah!»
«Let's Party!»
me and JJ screamed while Kie chuckled.

Kiara is my best friend.
The amount of times we have cried on each other's shoulder.How many moments of laughter that caused us a stomachache that hurt enough it gave the effect of building abs.We hang out so much that we fight like siblings.And to be honest, she is the sister I never had and always needed.

________________________________

After a while more and more people started arriving.Pogues and Kooks.

«How come they weren't too disgusted to bring their elegant asses to our side of the island?»I ask ironically.

«Maybe they just want to have some fun for once and put aside our differences »
Pope is too nice.

«Or maybe they are looking to get their "elegant" asses beaten» Classic JJ.

«Let's just try and not to cause a fight.And If they start their shit again we can ask them to leave» John B says in order to get JJ to chill out.

«I'd much rather see some kook with a black eye that is caused by me.Besides, it not like they're even gonna listen» He's not wrong.

«Or you can ignore those shitheads and have some fun without causing a fight»Kiara says eyeing JJ.

«I'm gonna go get a drink»As I say that we all part ways.

________________________________

I've lost everyone.

Party is full of people and I cannot find my friends.The dizziness doesn't help at all.Nor does the blurry vision. I shouldn't have mixed alcohol with weed.«No, you shouldn't have you idiot»I say out loud to myself.

Having given up on searching for my friends,I decide to go a little further away from the party to relax.

I sit on the ground feeling the sand in my hands.I can still hear the music, thankfully not enough for it to annoy me.

I try to focus my hearing on the waves hitting sore.It's simple yet so beautiful to hear.Better than the music teens listen to these days.

My vision got clear and the dizziness has sort of passed.But I'd rather stay away from all the people that hate eachother, and just sit here ,listen to the waves and stare at the full moon.

Just as I was enjoying my alone time I heard footsteps.I look towards the noise and ...
«Fuck»i say having cringed

«Nice to see you too Jones»

«What do you want?»I ask annoyed

«I just want you to have some respect and talk better to your superiors»

«And I just want you to kill yourself.So why don't you go to your big mansion and hang yourself from a chandelier or something?»

«Instead of being concerned about the fact that I am alive you should worry about your stupid pogue friends getting in trouble again»

«What are you talking about Rafe?»

The moment I finish my sentence someone fires a couple of shots, filling the air with the sound of a gun.

«What the ...» I say while standing up.
I try to step forward but i stumble and fall.Guess I'm too dizzy to walk.

«You pogues really are a disgrace to our society» Rafe says with a scoff.

«And you really are a pain in the ass» I say with a sarcastic smile at him

He rolls his eyes and reaches out his hand to help me stand up.I stare at him confused, and as i was about to deny he cut me off.

«Just because I don't like you doesn't mean I don't have any manners»

«Just because you offer help, doesn't mean I need it»I argued

As I stand up he pulls away his hand slapping it to his thigh while shaking his head.
We stare at each other for some seconds.

Never have I realised how bright his eyes are.Even during the night when the sun isn't there to provide light.You can still see how blue they are .Like the sea.

He is about to say something but a voice from far behind me interrupts him.

«Rafe!You won't t believe what those dickheads pulled again!» Hearing his voice, I roll my eyes. Kelce.

«It's not their fault.You always act like such jerks that it would be impossible for someone to not want to punch you»I spit out as I turn around to face him .

That's when I realise that the party was over.I count about a dozen kooks walking behind Kelce.One of them being Topper Thornton.His face beaten up.Found whose ass JJ beat.

«I swear If I hear another word coming out of a pogue's mouth I'm gonna burn the Cut»

Oh so he still has the ability to talk.Do better JJ!
The first thing that comes to mind is a sarcastic response that would put him out of his clothes.But I'm too tired to deal with Thorton right now.I scoff and turn my heel to leave.

Next destination:The Cheetah