Monster

The ferry hummed along, swaying back and forth rhythmically to the crystal blue ocean waves. Dr. Grant clenched his hands to the bottom of his seat, his face turning pale as his stomach flipped around with each wave. Across the way his only daughter, Emma, sat there with a smirk. She was almost tempted to laugh at her father but she knew that would probably cause you even more of an argument than what they already had been in.

"Are you going to be ok?" She wondered as Alan forced his sweaty palms on his knees, rubbing them. "I'm ok. Just still..." Alan waved his hand towards Emma in an irritated fashion. She frowned, feeling guilty that she had tricked her father into coming here. She knew how strongly he would have opposed to coming along but, she needed him in order to possibly get a job on the island.

Emma had mislead him into thinking that they were headed to a site to observe and uncover a new specimen of dinosaur but as soon as she reeled him onto the Jurassic World ferry he's found out that what she said was lie. He's complained the whole time, spouting off on her, reminiscing about the first time he had been mislead to Jurassic Park then the second time of Isla Sorna. She was all very used to the stories as he always plead the victim card in every story. She honestly never felt bad about his experience, she found it interesting and that got her into discovering dinosaurs.

She leaned back in her chair, looking at her nails first then proceeded to rub them on her plaid shirt. She gazed up at her father who gave her an irritated look. "We have to meet Claire as soon as we get off the boat." Emma stated, looking daringly into his grey eyes.

He leaned back and let out a low sarcastic chuckle towards her. "And what makes you think I'll get off this boat?" He questioned. "As soon as it stops at the port I'm buying another ticket home. You know I never want to be here."

"Yes but Claire is going to pay-"

"I don't care about how much she's going to pay. I've already been tricked going on this god forsaken island twice and now a third time, and by my own daughter."

Emma looked towards the floor aggravated, she knew he would pull this card, the victim card. It never got him anything in life but, a pity party. She never wanted to trick him into coming but, if she came to Claire empty handed she was sure the opportunity to study the T-Rex would be gone.

Emma pursed her lips before saying something she knew would hurt him. "Don't you want your site to be funded?" Emma retaliated in angst. She knew he had been having money issues with the site in New Mexico, there was no way it was going to stay open unless the funder was providing copious amounts of money.

Billy had told her that her father had scoured all over the universities in New Mexico trying to find someone to donate to the fund, but nobody would do it. It drove him to drink most nights. When Emma had heard this she called up one of her father's acquaintances and they had directed her to Claire the Vice President of Jurassic World.

If Dr. Grant could tour the island, have a Q&A with some visitors, and act accordingly Claire would fund the site. As long as she could get some of the DNA to the lab for testing.

Alan adjusted his hat on his head, he frowned as he tried to hide a glare towards Emma. "My site is doing fine, thank you." He stated being stubborn as usual. He wasn't going to have his twenty six year old tell him what to do, nor was he going to let her pressure him into going on this dangerous island. "Then please, do this for me. So I can do my research." She begged, clasping her hands together, getting nothing but an aggravated sigh in response.