Chapter I: An Unfamiliar Sound

"Alright everyone! Good practice" Albedo said as the room went quiet. "Let's work harder next time" Thoma said putting down his guitar into it's case. "Well done then guys" Kaeya smirked while he got up stretching out his arms. "We could have done so much better" Scaramouche scoffed while crossing his arms staring at the rest of his band mates. "Stuck up as ever" Thoma said, putting his hand behind the back of his neck while he forced a smile. "I'm going now" Scaramouche announced, walking away with his things ready to go home. "Well bye everybody" Albedo said before the rest of the band mates said their farewells and left Albedo's place.

As Scaramouche was walking home in the dark city it started to rain slowly, however he didn't mind, he had an umbrella prepared with him so he took it out and opened it to shelter himself from the poring rain. Scaramouche quite liked the rain, it had a calming feeling to it, and gave him a sense of relaxation. He enjoyed listening to raindrops hit the ground, with the sound of the cars passing by, while the sky was dark, and there was only lights from the streets. It was cold that night, not too cold, but just the right amount, the kind of cold that makes you feel fuzzy inside, where it's a nice change from the horrid heat of the summertime, and a smooth transition from summer to fall. Scaramouche felt relaxed as he walked, almost like he needed a break from the constant practicing the band had been doing, but he knew music was the only thing he had, he had lost everything that ever made him happy, music is what made him whole, he had to continue practicing and improving, even if meant burning out his own energy completely. It was the one thing that kept him going, if he didn't see a future for his band, who would've given up on life long ago. But that didn't matter, his feelings were irrelevant, what mattered was being number one.

As Scaramouche approached his home, he heard an unfamiliar sound coming from his next door neighbors home. His neighbor had just moved in from a couple cities away, they had small conversation here and there, he hadn't really gotten to know the guy, he just knew the boy had a strange outlook on life, one that didn't align with his own, it seemed his neighbor enjoyed his life, he couldn't understand why anyone would, but I suppose the boy must've been lucky living one he could see potential in, regardless of success or failure.

Scaramore inched closer to the neighbors home to get a good listen what the noise was coming from. It seemed it was the sound of a guitar been played, he looked over to see the garage door was half open, he decided to take a peak inside. "Ah, Scaramouche, stalking me?" The boy asked. "Oh no, I was just curious as to where that sound was coming from." He responded while the other boy opened the garage door fully letting Scaramouche walk inside. "I didn't know you played guitar, Kazuha was it?" He asked as stepped inside taking a closer look at his guitar. "Oh, I have been for years, it's really fun to me, brings my creative side" Kazuha said with a smile on his face. Scaramouche didn't reciprocate the happy feelings, he more felt a sense of jealousy, and a bit of rage. Could this guy be serious? With a skill that good, you only see it as a bit of fun? How pathetic. Scaramouche thought to himself looking around the garage for any other instruments or clues that he might be in some sort of band. "Well if you need anything, just tell me! Would you like some water perhaps? You look tired it may help" Kazuha asked as he put his guitar back in it's place. "I'm good. Thanks. Do you, by any chance, happen to be in some sort of band, or you're not a serious player or anything?" Kazuha looked at Scaramouche for a second, locking eyes with him seeing as he was quite serious. "Yes I am, why do you ask?" He said. "You know of Timeless Vice?" Scaramouche asked. "No I do not, are they a band I should be aware of?" Scaramouche furrowed his eyebrows in response to hearing what Kazuha said. "You don't know of my band?" Scaramouche said, annoyed. "Oh, it's the band you're in, I'll give it a listen then" He said. "Hmph, well alright. I should get going know, I have important things to do" He said rolling his eyes in disbelief, how could Kazuha have never heard of them? They were the number one band in the city and a popular topic when discussing thing's related to bands and music. "Oh right! Well I'll see you!" Kazuha waved goodbye at Scaramouche "Sure." he replied sarcastically and walked out of the garage and into his own home.

Scaramouche sat on his bed trying to do research on Kazuha and his band, he started by typing his name into google. He didn't get many results but he did find a few things, the first thing being a previous band he had been in that was disbanded about a year ago, the band had mediocre players, with Kazuha being an outstanding exception. Why would he play for a band of newbies when he is of that skill level? Scaramouhe thought, he dug a bit deeper later finding the current band he is in, it was called "Tainted In Dark" the band only had one song as of current, it was a freshly new band, but Scaramouche wanted to give it a listen. He grabbed his phone and clicked the song, he was not sure of what to expect. He put his earbuds in his ears and let play. He was quiet for a moment, not a thought running through mind. Eventually the song finished, he took a moment before it hit him, this was incredible, a true masterpiece and work of art, everything was outstanding, from Kazuha's guitar playing, to the bass and drums, to vocals and lyrics  Scaramouche could not believe it, he felt an ache in his heart. How could someone so unserious about his music, about his future and success, be in such an amazing band like this? It's completely unbelievable! I will not let this band ruin my career, this band will never outlive the quality of my own, I will not allow it. Scaramouche was in so much disbelief to the amazement and insane quality of the music the band produced. It was phenomenal. Scaramouche took a deep breath and let his feelings sink in for a moment. I cannot let this happen.