Chapter one

Reminder: This is maybe more focused on Black rather than Speed since he's the one making the changes on the story. This is also a fanfiction, none if this is canon on the original comic.

Plot: The story, for now, takes place at the Eeveelution Squad tree house; a little while after Speed arrives. However, Black recognizes Speed some minutes after meeting him and starts thinking about if he should say something about it or not, since long ago he already had forgiven him from hiding that he was a rescuer.

- - -

Black the umbreon was heading upstairs to his room, he seemed to be thinking of something, or was it… someone?

Black sighs as he enters his room, and when he closes the door he sits staring at the drawer.

Black: (Thinking) Why now…? Him being here will just make everything more awkward…

He then scratches one of his ears with one of his back paws.

Black: (Thinking) Did he even notice it was me? Why isn't he saying anything either?

Some knocking can be heard, coming from the other side of the door. Black opens it and he is surprised by the sudden visit. It was Leafy the leafeon and Solarflare the flareon who were worried about the umbreon’s odd behavior.

Leafy: Excuse me, we saw you just now and noticed you were feeling kinda off… Is everything okay?

Black: Oh, uh… Yeah, I think so.

Flare: Are you sure, umbreon?

Black nods.

Black: Thank you for worrying though.

Flare: [Smiling] It's okay, if you need anything we're more than glad to help.

Leafy: [Enthusiastic] Let's go see your brother Flare!

Flare: Okay!

After they're gone Black closes the door from his room. Soon, he heads to his bed and lays on it with his paws on his stomach, he starts playing a little with them, nervously.

Black: [Thinking] Maybe I should present myself first, but… What if he keeps running away…?

Will we… ever be friends…

again…?

.
.
.

More knocking was heard. Black jolts due to the sudden noise, he almost fell asleep and now he was just annoyed.

He opens the door.

Crystal: Hi!

Black: …

Crystal: Hey! Why the long face~?

Black: [Annoyed] What do you want? I was in the middle of something.

Crystal: I wanted to know if you've seen sylveon!

Black: She's on the main floor.

Crystal: Thank you Black!

Black: … I didn't tell you my name?

By the time he said that, the joyful vaporeon was already gone. Black sighed, hoping to finally have the sleep he wanted, but as soon as he closed the door there was yet more knocking on the door. He opened it quickly, he was mad.

Black: WHAT.

Pearl: Uh…

There was a long awkward silence.

Pearl: [Nervous and smiling] I was wondering if you could help me with setting the table for dinner later.

Black: Oh, sure.