Chapter 1; A Worried Friend

It had been a week since Crimson charted the new course. He wouldn't tell us where we were going, only that we had been there before.

The day it happened things felt off. Everything was fine originally. We had set camp on shore that night. The next morning at dawn we ate and finished cleaning/picking the barnacles off the sides of the ship. We weren't illegal anymore, at least that's what Crimson said a few days before. He told us that the government didn't want us anymore, he wouldn't tell us why though. No matter how hard we pushed for answers, he wouldn't tell us.

While we cleaned the ship, I couldn't get my mind off what Crimson said last night.

"I finished charting the new course," Crimson said as he sat down on the dark beach, only lit by the campfire in front of them all, and the lamps in the tents behind half of us. Crimson took the hot cooked fish Silver handed him for dinner around the fire.

"Where are we headed?" Silver asked before Scarlett could.

"It's a surprise." Crimson stated, not looking up from the fire as he ate. Something clicked in the wrong way when he said that.. "It's a surprise." I didn't trust it. Not at all. It was like the wind picked up after he said that, the breeze suddenly making the tent flaps flap louder in the sandy coast air.

I must've zoned out because the next thing I heard was Forty asking openly if I was okay, and Crimson responding to him.

"He probably zoned out or dissociated. Just be patient, he'll be fine." Crimson explained to Forty.

"Hm?" I voiced, not fully knowing what was going on. I couldn't focus on just one thing right now. I listened to what everyone was talking about, but my thoughts still raced. I wanted to trust Crimson, I really wanted to, but I couldn't. Something just wasn't right. Maybe it's because the whole crew was out around the fire eating right now? Probably not. Crimson was hiding something. I could tell. I could always tell with him. It was like a 6th sense or something, if something was wrong with him, I knew.

"Why aren't you telling us where we're going, Wil?" Misty asked Crimson.

"Again, it's a surprise." Crimson didn't seem in the mood for this right now.

"We're your friends, you can tell us." Oakley spoke up.

"I said it's a surprise." Crimson seemed to be getting more irritated.

"If he doesn't want to tell us, don't force him to." I spoke sternly. They were irritating me too.

"If we are going to help run a ship, then we should at least get to know where we're headed. It's not fair for us to be left in the dark. That's kinda being a shitty friend Crimson." Misty said, obviously trying to force out an answer.

"Oh my fucking god Misty. Shut the actual fuck up. He doesn't want to tell you. He's allowed to have his secrets and surprises when he wants." I fought back.

"Then why is he having his other friends fight for him?" Misty asked in one of the most irritating, antagonizing voices ever.

"WHOO! YOU GO GIRL!" Oakley shouted, backing Misty up.

"Seriously Oakley? You're how close with Crimson? And you're still choosing Misty over him?" I fought.

"What? Can't I have other friends?" Oakley asked.

Vizzy took a turn to speak up. "I trust Crimson. I also trust he'll tell us when he's ready. There's no point in fighting him about it."

"Shut the fuck up Vizzy. Nobody cares." Misty said.

Crimson's plate broke in his lap, catching everyone's attention. It was still in his hands when he looked up. "Misty get a fucking grip. I'm literally sitting right here. So everyone can stop talking like I'm not here. Honestly Misty, fuck you. Don't you fucking dare ever speak to Scott or Vizzy like that again. I'll put you below deck in one of the cells where the traitors go but with less food. Oakley, figure out who the fuck you are going to support before you end up down there right next to Misty. As Cynical said, don't force me to tell you something I don't want to. And what Vizzy said, I'll tell you when I'm ready."