one.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍. Well, not exactly, she just ignored it has nothing happened. She pretended as if it never hurt when Steve said he loved Nancy right as Regina was about to confess her love to her 'best-friend'. 

*Flashback*

"Regina, I have something to tell you," Steve announced as they both sat on Steve's bed. This was the moment, she thought. This was the moment that her long time crush was going to tell her his feelings and they would live happily together and be the best high school couple. 

"So, I've been thinking a lot about this, and I think you have known this too." That I've been in love with you since 7th grade and we're about to be together and you're about to ask me out to the dance, yes, I have known. "Oh, what will that be?", Regina asked innocently. 

"I...", he began, and Regina did as well. 

"I love Nancy", he said. "Iloveyoutoo", Regina said at the same time. "What?", they synced. 

"I said I love Nancy. I'm going to ask her out to the dance". That sentence shattered Regina's heart. Nancy Wheeler? Her best friend. The girl that knew her love for Steve. "Nancy? Like my friend Nancy?", she asked.

"Yeah, we've been talking for a while and I wanted to tell you ever since you chaperoned at Dustin's fieldtrip", he explained. That was over a few months ago, 7 to be exact. "So, what'd you say?".

"Nothing, forget about it, um, I have homework, I have to go", Regina walked out of his room. "Wait, why not we do it together?", Steve suggested. 

She shook her head and sprinted out of the house. 

Finally, getting home, Regina let out the biggest scream. "Jesus, Gina, what's up with you?", Dustin asked as he walked out of his sister's room. 

"You're stupid plan didn't work! Steve loves Nancy. It was never me!", she cried to her brother as she stuffed her face into her pillow crying her eyes out with Dustin rubbing her back. 

"I've been for him. Helped him through the divorce with his parents, when he broken his leg, helped him with everything! But no, he had to choose Nancy Wheeler. Like where was she in his time of need. That skank had to waddle in between me and Steve, act like she was innocent behind her chemistry books!".

"Gina, it's okay. It's his loss", Dustin sat his sister up straight and placed her face in between his hands, lightly squishing her cheeks and whipping the mascara off. "Don't cry, you'll get break out's-", in the middle of his speech, he was interrupted with a whine. "Why do you have to be so cute?", Regina broke down crying. 

*Flashback over* 

It has been a while since the incident and Regina made sure her brother swore to never mention it again. She never spoke to Nancy and Steve since that day, and most likely never will. That was a lie, Regina is too forgiving. 

Regina dropped her brother to school on the first day of school to a new school year. Today was the day that she will become a brand new person and shine she always has. All eyes were on her as she walked out of her car.

"Who's that?" she asked Michelle staring at a brown haired boy. "That's Billy Hargrove. He's the new kid this year. Moved here from California with his younger sister around your brother's age. He is so fine", she said. 

"Why do you know all that?"

"Well, there's nothing much to do during the summer".

Regina walked into her first class a little late. "Ms. Henderson late again," Mr. Jones said. "Seems like I must talk you to detention".

"Oh, Mr. Jones, it's only the first day", she whined. Giving her pleaded look to manipulate him. 

He groaned and rolled his eyes. "Take a seat by the new student William".

"It's Billy", he corrected as he rolled his eyes.

Regina took a seat, however, she was right in between Billy and Steve. And will be for the next 45 minutes of Literature. 

Author's note. 

Hi....?

692 words.