Prologue ✍️

The little things, the little moments, they aren't little.

~

"It's been nine years Ro, let it go." Ritika requested Rohit while an almost hopeless Anushka was sitting right besides her. Her eyes swollen as if she had cried all the tears she could.

"No Rits, sorry Nush." Rohit said coldly. "I cannot. I just really cannot."

"Rohit, Vamika, that little girl is counting on you to bring her father back. How can you be so heartless to not understand a daughter's plea."

"Rits, you know there is no point in explaining me." Rohit clenched his fist, controlling his rage. Not in his worst night mare he wanted to shout at his wife. But the news he just got had caused an emotional tsunami in his heart.

"Life is giving you both a second chance, Ro." Ritika looked into Rohit's eyes with much hope that he will have a change of heart.

"He needs you, your bestfriend needs you, your Vi needs you." Anushka joined in.
"And I know you need him too." That's it. It was enough.

Rohit Sharma, one of the greatest ever Cricket sportspersons, the man who was celebrated by all. The man they knew as the ruthless opener. The man who was keeping the mask of a snob, was now a vulnerable man.

A lone tear escaped his eyes as he moved his gaze to the window.
"Alright." He said in a low tone with a sigh.

"Thankyou so much Ro, Rits, I..." Anushka sobbed up. Ritika hugged her tight.

"You won't be dealing with this alone, Nush." Rohit assured looking back at them.
"I will bring him back, I promise."

~

Look who decided to comeback. 💃
Well I hope when I post the first part India had won the World Cup already. :)
(Fears lag rha hai as I write it)
Also, since I decided to seriously write again, I need your support. Upvote and drop your valuable comments.
Suggestions and healthy criticism is most welcomed.
Yours Rii <3