Narrator

Welcome! Welcome!

Come one, come all!

Welcome to your future, your past and your present!

Why... Who are we, you must ask? That is a little bit rude of you, I should think? Men do not demand of us, nor defy us...

*Chuckle*

Well! Husbands with their mistresses, lovers, wives and the like settled down- soon to be dead or not. The children and babes nestled snug in their beds, their cheeks red with the warmth of the night—or scarlet fever to awaken as cold as a corpse. I suppose you'll have to do. You're awake and listening to our voices. Listen close—and listen well! For only once on this dark night will we tell our tale.

We are the blushing jewels of the glittering imagination. Nothing can surpass us. Nothing is over us. The earth is our footstool and the clouds our bed. We are a beacon of the black sky: Beautiful, bright, and twinkling. We see all. Nothing is hidden from us. Not until hell rains over-and that happens often enough for the denizens of shaped flesh and useless brains.

There are twelve days of hell to come. Listen, human! Yes, twelve days. The pick of our choosing. Oohh-hoho! Yes, it'll be grand!

Say what? What did you say? You think it is playing master? Well! We are the masters up here. Strange may it be, but come with us and hear our tale.

'Twas the night of a banquet, lavish and fair—when in the monster's chambers, a single voice whispered.