Narrator

We watched the winking moon abreast on the field of fresh powder. Black, scorched boles soared up, twisting around and around to form a bird's cage of a forest. For miles and miles their gnarled, twisted limbs grew like the bones of a dead man. Scratching the arms of anyone too close. Their boughs whipped the fresh, pink faces of those fighting to pass the Scorched Forrest. Their rotten trunks to capture the feet and ankles of anyone who dared to reach the heart of the woods.

For in the heart a secret dwells. Not for the likes of you or me. But for those you defied us, and overcame.

Ha. Not many mortals do. They die and rot to become dust of the earth far before then. They were, of course, not anointed with the tainted blood to do so.

How shall we start? Hmmm. What is it to be? Aaah, yes, when was it?

'Twas a long time ago, when your greatest ancestor was still a boy, in places where nothing seems, a place filled with magic and the power to shape your destiny...

If you were lucky enough. Your grandmama might tell you the stories, and then you'll dream dreams.

We will tell you, but not in the booooooring, tones of old, to make you fall asleep and drool out the side of your mouth.

For the story you are about to be told, you will only ever hear it once in your miserable lifetime, but for the men and women bold-hearted, maybe it may do something for them. Who knows?

It takes place in the worlds of old..."