Cuatro/Four

Meraki/ma-rak-e
To do something with soul, creativity, or love to put something of yourself into your work

Torvi set her axe down into the wood, turning to look at Hailg and Clapa's reluctant forms. Uhtred had tasked them with them cutting off the heads of the Danes, which Torvi had gladly volunteered to do so, and looking after the prisoner.
She had grown antsy with the lack of blood and not being able to have use of her weapons, so this opportunity was one that she was going to take great pleasure in.

"Are you sure?" Hailg asked, as Clapa placed the last of the dead bodies down. "Torvi, you don't have too."

"I want to, she grinned, as Hailg narrowed his eyes at her. "It is not my first time, when I was–"

"I do not want to know this gruesome tale," Hailg replied, turning away and back towards the prisoner, who still had an arrow shaft sticking out of his arm. It was nothing too major, and it would not kill him but it would hurt and leave a scar and that was Torvi's aim.
"I would like to speak to Lord Uhtred," his voice was not deep, nor high, but it was strong and steady and held the familiar accent of Danes and Torvi had not heard it from others in a while. Despite him being a prisoner, the accent brought her some comfort.

"It reminded her of her home and family."

"You cannot," Hailg replied, drinking his ale as Torvi picked up her axe and checked the sharpest of the blade. If it was to blunt, then it wouldn't do much and she'd have to resort hacking the heads off, which was never a good thing.

"I would like to serve him," the prisoner replied, Torvi titled her head at his words, wondering the sudden change in his heart.

"You cannot!" Hailg growled, before stalking over to the prisoner. "Now, shut your mouth before I fill it with my boot."

The Dane did, miraculously, as Hild came wandering over to the trio, clearing her throat.

"When do you plan to begin?" Hailg shrugged at her question, looking over at the brunette haired young adult who was holding her axe.

"Now, I suppose." Torvi picked up a whet stone, sitting on the tree stump as she started to sharpen her axe with it. "The men are to scared to do it when they are not drunk, so I shall get in done before the files come and pester us. It should take me an hour, maybe more, less."

"I see, Hild licked her lips, before looking at the young adult. "Have you done this before."

"Once or twice," Torvi grinned like a wolf, her eyes, flashing dangerously in the firelight, with a warning to not ask questions that the Saxons would not like the answer too.
Hild nodded cautiously, before pulling Hailg away as Torvi continued to sharpen her axe, grinning as she tested the blade of a log of wood. It was sharp enough. Torvi watched as Hild brushed pass her with a knife in her hand.

(A little gore in the next bit ⚠️)

"Lady. Might you use my axe?" Torvi asked, but Hild ignored her, cutting into the flesh of the leader slowly with a grunt. The two men looked away, but Torvi watched her do it  with a raised eyebrow. It must be the lady's first head, because she came out straight afterwards and spilled her guts all over the floor. "Right, I will get the rest done then."

It did not take Torvi long, her axe humming with each stroke as one by one the heads came off the bodies.

"It is done," Torvi called, lodging her axe in the wood as she grabbed water from the bucket to clean her hands and face of blood. "You can take them to Uhtred now."
"Thank you, Torvi." Hailg gagged, seemingly drunk as he and Clapa dealt with the bodies and Torvi turned towards the prisoner, who was wincing at the arrow in his arm.

"I'll take it out if you want?" He looked up with wide eyes, lined with dark kohl that hid the bags beneath them. "Promise I'll just pull, I won't twist."

Do anything stupid, and I'll stab you again with the same fucking arrow. I mean it. She warned as she crouched in front of the man. He nodded.

"I don't doubt that, lady," Torvi grinned at that, before placing a hand on the man shoulder and an another on the arrow. His skin was warm beneath her touch, the furs beneath his armour ticking the palm of her hand.
"Three...two–" she pulled before she got to zero, the man grunting in pain and trying to curl in on himself as Torvi retrieved her arrow. "All done."
"Thank you, lady." He replied, after taking a moment to recover his strength. Torvi shrugged, before takeinganother bucket of water and whipping the blood away from the Dane's arm.

"Torvi, what are you doing?" Hailg called, sounding disgusted as the Young adult rolled her eyes. "Away for him."

"Relax, Hailg, I am merely binding his wound and retrieving my arrow," Hailg's eyes narrowed. But Torvi shrugged and bound the Dane's wound quickly, having some experience with how to do such things. She'd accidentally shot people a few times when she was learning, and her father had her always made her patch up the wound. "He won't try anything whilst I still have the arrow with me."

"I doubt that–"

"Hailg. It will be fine, trust me on this." Torvi rolled her eyes, tying off the cloth as the prisoner watched her with wide eyes."Over protective."

"Only because Hild would have my head if something happened."

"Hild would have your head regardless," Torvi smirked, as Hailg threw his arms up in the air and walked off with the heads in a bag, files buzzing around it. "All done."

"Thank you, again," he murmured, as Torvi smiled at the prisoner's accent in his tone, finding it comforting. "For binding it."

"I was merely retrieving my arrow," Torvi grinned at him, before cleaning her arrow of the Danes blood and returning it to her quiver, picking her axe up. "I would rest, we ride in the morning and I doubt that you will get a horse."

"Good night, lady." He replied, nodding at her as Torvi smiled in return and headed off to Hild's side again.

Torvi found the nun trying on amour and a sword, causing the young woman to whistle.

"It suits you, lady." The nun looked up, her eyes wide. "We will make a shield Maiden of you yet."

A/n; sorry for not updating 

1125 words