Jumping is Dangerous

CHAPTER 9*

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

We were out on patrol when a call came in.

"Team One hot call, Setterfield Mall on Seventh Street," Winnie says.

"What do you got for me Winnie?" Sarge asks as Jules and I head to the location.

"Shots fired on the second floor, not sure where the subjects went," Winnie replies.

"Thanks Winnie, we'll set up command post in the main security office, " Sarge says.

"Alpha team is Lillian and myself, Bravo is Jules and Sam. Spike you know what to do," Ed says handing out assignments.

"Copy that," we all reply, and get our gear. I meet up with Ed, Jules, and Sam, then we head to the second floor.

"Boss, has security closed and contained all areas and exits?" Ed asks as we climb the stairs.

"We are locked in," Sarge says earning a laugh from everyone.

"Spike, how about some info from the camera's?" Sam asks.

"Three teenage girls seen leaving the second floor bathroom. Only one left at first, seeming stressed, then two others followed suit not seeming too happy," Spike replies.

"Do you know where they were going?" I ask.

"Two of them headed up the stairs to the roof, the third disappeared.," Spike replies.

"Looks like someone got a makeover. There's clumbs of hair on the floor and blood," Jules says.

"Sam Jules witnesses, see if you can find that missing girl," Ed says as we head to the roof. I hear Sam talking to Spike about physical descriptions as we go through another door.

"Lillian, I want you to negotiate. She's going to need a female voice," Boss tells me.

"Copy," I reply. I'm happy that I finally told Spike how I felt, and it turned out good. I'm happy.

(SPIKE'S P.O.V.)

"Copy," Lillian replies. I'm her bomb geek. Sure it's cheesy, but I'm happy. I really like her, and I don't know what I'd do without her.

"We've got one subject in custody, says her name is Samantha Williams," Jules says.

"Running the name now," I say typing on the keyboard in front of me.

"Good, let's see who's on the roof then," Ed says.

"Boss, we've got one subject on the roof. The other is on the ledge, looks like she's going to jump," Lillian says as I show Sarge Samantha's file.

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

"Jump, do it!" The woman yells at the girl on the ledge.

"Boss, we've got one subject on the roof. The other is on the ledge, looks like she's going to jump," I say as Sam arrives on the roof, and hands me a bag.

"No one wants you," the woman says.

"Samantha says the hostages name is Caroline Davis, and your subject is Natasha," Jules informs us.

"Lil, a police report was files aginst Natasha's boyfriend. Caroline claims that he was sexually harassing her," Spike says.

"Thanks for the intel," I reply. Ed grabs Natasha as Sam cuffs her, and escorts her down to a cruiser.

"Lillian talk to her," Ed says and I put the bag over my sholder.

"Caroline?" I ask walking over to her.

"Go away," she says half heartedly.

"Caroline's family's here," Jules says.

"Copy," I whisper into the comms.

"I just want to talk," I say as I hook a line to myself and the building.

"Why?" She asks.

"Well I heard your being bullied, and I want to help," I reply stepping closer.

"So what, no one else cares," she says leaning over the edge.

"That's not true, your family does. They're here, and they don't want you to do this," I say as I take another step.

"Lillian," Ed says as I take another risky step reaching the edge, and standing next to Caroline.

"They were never there before," she says as Jules talks to her mom about the headset she put on her.

"Caroline, your mom's here. She says she loves you, and wants you to come down," I say hearing her mother.

"No!" She says defiantly and jumps, and I jump after her.

"Lil!" Ed shouts. I catch Caroline, as my back slams into the side of the building, the breath knocked out of me. Caroline hugs herself to my torso realizing how dumb it was to jump.

(SPIKE'S P.O.V.)

"Caroline, your mom's here. She says she loves you, and she wants you to come down," Lil says. There's a moment of silence.

"Lil!" Ed shouts and there's a loud bang. Lil?

"Ed, what happened?" Sarge asks.

"She jumped," Ed says and my heart drops.

"Are they okay?" Jules asks.

"Yeah, we're okay," Lil replies sounding in pain. Ed and Sam help them up, and then we go back for debrief. Then I wait for Lil after I change.

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

"Lil, your back looks terrible," Jules says laughing.

"Oh believe me, I know," I reply laughing with her. She leaves, and I grab my bag. I walk out of the locker room and swing my bag over my shoulder. It then proceeds to slam aginst my back. I wince, then the bag is taken from my hands.

"You okay?" Spike asks.

"Yeah, my back hurts but I'll live," I reply as we walk down to our trucks.

"So, have you found a house yet?" He asks.

"I think so, it needs a bit of work, but I think I can find someone to help me," I reply winking at him.

"Alright, you'll have to show me," he says. I nod and we get in our separate cars, and meet the others at the Goose.

"So Lil, you find a house yet?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, needs work but its nothing I can't handle," I reply.

"Well, I can come help if you need me," Jules says smiling.

"Thanks," I reply sipping my beer.

"Why don't we make a day of it? We all go help Lil, in exchange she cooks for us," Ed says laughing. We all join in.

"If you all insist, but it's not a whole lot. Just painting and moving in furniture," I tell them as I finish off my beer.

"We can figure out details later, but I want you all at work by five thirty," Greg says.

"Okay boss," we reply and head home.