BOUNCERS AND BRUISES

Next day went by quickly with the practices and Hardik decided to give Shubman rest and not select him in the playing XI for the match.

"Hardik bhai, I can play, trust me." Shubman whined to Hardik as he wanted to play against one of the strongest team.

"Shub, come on, if you injure yourself right now, you might not be able to play qualifiers." Hardik wrapped his arms around Shubman to comfort him.

Shubman pouted but eventually agreed as he knew Hardik wanted the best.

He went to his room to find Ishan, wearing his MI practice jersey.

"Why aren't you in your jersey, Shubi." He asked looking up from his phone.

"I am not playing today." Shubman said as he sat down, placing his head in his hands.

"Oh baby, does your leg hurt?" Ishan ask sitting beside him

"No, it doesn't, I don't know why Hardik bhai won't let me play." Shubman lashed out.

"Hey, calm down baby." Ishan hugged him tightly, patting his back lightly to calm him down.

They both sat in silence, finding peace in each other's company.

Ishan eventually had to leave for pre match practice and formalities. Shubman also decided to join the team at Wankhede.

The match started, MI won the toss and chose to bat first.

Ishan and Rohit came and opened and made a mammoth 167 runs in 12 overs. Ishan was caught behind and had to return back to the pavilion. Green came and got stumped at the very first ball.

As the innings proceeded Rohit got his hundred. Everyone, including the GT members, congratulated him. Ritika gave him a standing ovation from the stadium.

In the innings break, Kane williamson suddenly winced in pain.

"I think I caught my back in a weird position." Kane cried in pain.

The medical team came and examined Kane's neck. They told Hardik that Kane would not be able to play the next three matches atleast.

"Shub, we need you to come in at one down positions." Hardik rushed to Shubman who was enjoying his food.

"Sure Hardik, let me get my jersey." Shubman ran in full speed to the dressing room.

The second innings started and the target on the board was 289 runs.

Unfortunately, Saha was bowled on the first ball of the inning.

Shubman came in as an impact player, MI players knew they were in for a tough one.

He started his knock with three sixes followed by two fours and then finally a single to keep the strike to himself.

As the innings proceeded, he was at 89* when Chris Jordan bowled his first ball as a bouncer and Shubman ducked.

The ball hit Ishan's eyes, he fell and the ground wincing in pain. He wasn't wearing any helmet that time.

Shubman kept his bat, gloves and helmet down and ran towards ishan.

"Ishu, baby, look at me." Shubman said blowing hot air on the wounded eye.

"Shubi, I can't breathe." Ishan said gasping for air.

"Oh god, he is having a concussion." Said Rohit as he came towards them.

Shubman carried Ishan to the MI dugout and wasn't ready to leave until he was forcefully called back or else he would be given time out.

"Shubi, go, I'll be fine." Ishan said going in the dressing room.

Shubman returned to the field, with an aggressive approach visible on his face.

He hit five sixes to Jordan and roared as he completed his century.

With the same aggressive approach he finished the game with 12 balls remaining.

Shubman bowed down to the audience and raised his bat towards Ishan.

The crowd was going bonkers, cheering for him.
—————————————
I don't think this chapter was good but drop your views
PLEASE DROP SUGGESTIONS!