❀ 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 - 𝐀𝐜𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐱 𝐅𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 ❀

Authors note: This is like the first fic I've ever written so I'm sorry if my writing isn't all that good. Unmasked is my fave kiss album so I wanted to choose a song off of there to base my first story around. This is meant to be set in the late 70's/early 80's but it might not be entirely accurate for the times. Hope you like the story!! :))

Ace rested his chin on his hand, staring aimlessly out of the diner window onto the foggy streets. He was searching, trying to grasp onto anything that would give him the slightest bit of inspiration for a song. Writer's block had hit him. Hard. He had a few lyrics written on a crumpled receipt, most of which he'd scribbled over since the words felt stuff and robotic. He didn't want his lyrics to sound dull and generic. The waitress comes over and sets a cup of coffee down on the table, to which Ace reaches out and takes a sip from without looking back up at her. After a few more minutes of watching the fog rolling across the bleak sidewalk, He turns his attention to the interior of the diner.

It was a pretty comfortable space, with warm lighting and different records from musicians like Bowie and Fleetwood Mac displayed proudly on the walls. The colour scheme was pretty too, Reddish tones that weren't too vibrant or sore on the eyes. Today there weren't too many customers. Pretty much the only people in the building were him, the couple of staff members and a pair of old ladies playing Scrabble in a corner. Ace looks back down at his coffee, stirring his spoon in the rich liquid lazily, as his mind wanders off elsewhere.

------------------------------

"Hey, you ready to pay yet? Or do you want another coffee?"

Ace snaps out of his trance by a calm voice, and he immediately jolts up and turns his attention towards the speaker. A slightly tired looking waitress, wearing the same faded red uniform as the other employees, was standing in front of his table. There was a small notebook in her hand, orders from other customers hastily scribbled down on the coffee stained pages. Despite her sleepy demeanor, she looked pretty happy in front of him. Her lips were tugged onto a soft smile. It took him a moment to realise that he's staring at her, and he quickly composed himself.

"Yeah- I'm ready to pay.", He pulls out his wallet, before taking a couple of notes out and handing them to her. She prints off his receipt, and he heads out of the shop, cursing at himself mentally for not having the balls to strike up a conversation. He looks down at the receipt, finding a small note at the bottom written in black pen. There was a number, with a few words written below it.

'Talk to me sometime, you seem cool. -(Name)'

"Talk to me.." Ace repeats quietly, before a goofy smile makes its way onto his face. He'd definitely have to take her up on that offer.

-------------------------------------------------------