chapter one - your eyes of salt

HAYLOFT - mother, mother

chapter one; your eyes of salt

When we're young, we're taught the distinction between a hero and a villain, good and evil, a savior and a lost cause. But what if the only real difference is who's telling the story?

The blonde ponytailed girl walked towards the moonlight. Her blue eyes watched in awe at the moon, smiling softly.

My name is Allyson Mikaelson. I come from a long line of the villains in the tales you've heard about vampires, werewolves, witches and everything in between. The school behind these gates protects the secrets of people like me. And tonight, under the light of the full moon, we will be opening our doors to someone new.

Ally picked up the pen from the paper, and placed it down. She sighed and looked back at the brunette staring at her.

"What the hell are you doing out here?"

Allyson sighed and rolled her eyes at her eldest sister, getting up and walking towards her.

"What do you need, Hope?"

Hope pursed her lips into a flat line, sighing and giving her sister a look.

________________________________________

The car pulled up to the church, and Ally, Hope and Alaric all stepped out in a hurry. Hope's eyes fell on the curly black haired boy and Ally looked at her confused. Landon gave Hope the same look and pulled the ear bud out of his ear. Hope walked up to the church, Ally followed.

"Landon." Hope said, acting as if she didn't notice it was him at first glance.

"Hope?" Landon said, a little shocked.

"Alaric." Alaric muttered.

"Olaf!" Ally whispered sarcastically, Alaric rolled his eyes.

"You two know eachother?" Alaric asked, approaching them.

"Long story." Hope said.

Rafael yells from inside the church, and glass shatters. All eyes flicker to the church.

"Dr. Saltzman-" Ally whispered.

"Yeah, I'm on it." Alaric cut her off, Ally gave him an offended look.

Alaric tried to open the doors, but couldn't.

"Doors are locked." Alaric said, sighing.

Ally put her hand up. "Dissera Portus!"

The chain slipped from out of the door handles and the doors opened. Landon backed up a little, shocked.

"You're gonna wanna stay out here, Landon, trust me." Hope warned as her and Alaric walked into the church. Landon followed regardless.

"Does nobody-" Ally sighed, walking inside.

The exorcist held his cross to Rafael as he was in transition. Ally glanced at her moonlight ring, the one that she got from Freya.

"Hey, what's worse than ants in your pants?" Ally joked. "A pri-"

Hope gave her sister a look, which shut her up. "Got it. Not the time." Ally mumbled.

"Shut down the exorcist, would you?" Alaric told Hope.

"Silencio." Hope chanted, and skin grew over the Exorcists mouth.

"Ad somnum." Hope chanted again, holding her hands up, making everyone fall.

Rafael groaned on the floor. "Help me." He managed to speak. His bones started cracking.

"My god." Landon mumbled.

"Um, Ally?" Hope yelled, untangling the chains.

"Oh, right." Ally said, helping them. She placed stakes to the ground as Alaric chained Rafael up.

"Easy does it, easy now." Alaric mumbled.

Alaric, Hope, Landon and Allyson all stood back as Rafael fully transitioned.

_________________________________________

Alaric drove back, his eyes on the road.

"How do you two know eachother?" Alaric asked.

"He used to serve me milkshakes at the Mystic Grill." Hope answered, looking back at Landon.

"Peanut Butter Blast, whipped cream on the bottom." Landon muttered.

Ally looked uncomfortable sitting in between the two boys, as if she was third wheeling a supervised date with her older sister and this, in her opinion, Dobby looking guy.

Hope smiled at Landon, looking back at him.

"We danced once." Landon said, after a beat.

Ally gagged, but covered it up with a cough once everyone looked at her.

"Sorry, I have a... cold."

"We tried." Hope said, laughing. "And then you moved away."

"And then you made a door blow off its hinges with your brain." Landon commented, Ally looked over at him, jaw dropped.

"That was me-!" She whispered.

"Do you feel like explaining that?" Landon asked.

"Oh, we'll explain everything. We're almost there." Alaric answered.

Landon looked over at Rafael and then back out the window.

"Where are we going?" Landon asked.

"Oh my god-" Ally groaned, but Hope hit her knee and Ally winced.

"Somewhere... safe." Alaric answered once again."