Chapter 4: Cookies

It's finally Friday this week as been so fucking long and I'm exhausted

It's finally Friday this week as been so fucking long and I'm exhausted. Unfortunately I don't get a break tho because I have a game tomorrow night. Oliver, Quinn and I take my car back to their house. Their mom is never home because they always have business trips so it's always empty and quiet when we get there. And there dad well isn't in their lives anymore. But her mom is really successful. It's always just been Quinn and Oliver, that's why they're so close.

Quinn has been feeling better about recent events, she's still upset for obvious reasons, but me and Oliver decide to make cookies for her. This is the dumbest decision he's ever made because I can't cook and I know damn well he can't either, worth a try, right? Normally if we get cookies, Quinn's the one who baked them.

Oliver hands me the instructions, "read me the ingredients." He says.

"Uhm okay," I begin, "1 1/4 cup of flower." I read of the the paper.

"1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1Tbsp vanilla, 1 large egg, 1 cup (6 oz) chocolate chips." I finish reading the instructions.

"Okay got it." He says grabbing the ingredients.

He steals the list of instructions from me, "okay go preheat the oven to 375F." He tells me.

We get everything prepared and bake the cookies.

We wait for awhile and the cookies aren't done yet so we go outside for a little bit.

We come back inside and the house is filled with smoke and we run into the kitchen to Quinn fanning the smoke out, lord save us she's gonna kill us.

"Are you guys fucking idiots!?" She yells.

Oliver and I stand there waiting for her to scold us.

"Who leaves while baking? Clearly you two idiots." She sighs rolling her eyes.

"Sorry." Oliver says.

"You guys could of started a fire and burnt down the house with me in it!" She exclaims.

"If it makes it any better the cookies were for you." I nervously laugh.

She glares at me before cleaning up the mess Oliver and I made.

"Maybe you two stick to sports and never bake ever again." She giggles.

She makes it half way up the stairs and turns back to Oliver and I.

"Mom would have killed you if the house burnt down." She says and walks up the stairs to her room.

"Yeah she Would care more about the house being burnt down than us." He mumbles and walks back to the kitchen.