ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ
✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Walking into the humid restaurant with his hair combed back and his body sucked tightly into one of Wooyoung's old suits, Hongjoong felt more nervous than he'd ever been in his entire life.

More than when he'd met the members for the first time, more than when he'd been assigned as the leader, more than when he'd realized he liked men and knew his feelings for Seonghwa were something he'd never be able to erase.

That winter was brutal and the restaurant was freezing and yet Hongjoong could feel sweat trailing down his back, prickling across his face.

His stomach was in aching knots and his hands were shaking where they struggled to hold onto a ten dollar bouquet of flowers he'd seen on his way there and just couldn't walk by.

There weren't many flowers, mainly just pretty stems and curved leaves, but the buds that had bloomed were a delicate pink, their pollen a mix of white and gold.

Hongjoong thought they were beautiful, therefore they were perfect for Seonghwa.

It didn't take long for Hongjoong to pick out Seonghwa sitting among the tables.

The eight of them visited the little hole in the wall restaurant often and they had picked their designated seats a long time ago; the dark wooden table in the far corner by the window, the light hanging above it a rusted brown.

Seonghwa was sitting at their usual table facing the door, waiting, but his eyes were staring out the window intently, flitting over people and cars with an anxiousness that made Hongjoong smile.

It was hard for Hongjoong to move away from his spot by the door, mostly because he felt safe there, on the outside looking in.

But it was also because he just couldn't bring himself to stop looking at Seonghwa, drinking him in and loving every second of it.

Seeing him after days of uncertainty, longing and regret becoming the default- it was like gasping for air after breaching the ocean.

Hongjoong could finally breathe.

Seonghwa noticed him after a few seconds, eyes moving towards the entrance innocently only to snap open when he realized who was standing there.

They stared at each other, wanting to move but unable to, features frozen as they waited for the other to do something.

It was terrifying.

It was amazing.

It was so many things all at once- but it wasn't until Seonghwa smiled, soft and slow like he couldn't believe he was doing it, didn't realize he was doing it, cheeks perking up and lips pressing together that Hongjoong felt his feet move.

Seonghwa followed his lead quickly, staggering to his feet beside the table with wide brown eyes that seemed to linger on every part of Hongjoong.

They trailed up his body the closer he got, moving frantically like he felt rushed to take him all in at once.

"What the hell are you wearing?" He asked, and Hongjoong couldn't help but smile when he noticed the breathiness in his voice.