01. The day you found me,

"Why does it keep raining!" A man groaned as he covered the top of his head from the rain drops that slowly fell one by one onto the ground

While everyone were busy running away to find a safe shelter, a person continued to walk down the street as he silently observed everyone. His heart was filled with grief and sorrow from the past and present as he took each and every step.

Windows closed and locked as people annoyingly grumbled about the weather as he continued to walk forward, silently observing. It is as if the entirety of Fontaine had completely failed to noticed their dear Iudex, soaking in the rain as he took his steps, one by one. 

His violet irises looked up at the dark cloudy sky as he extended his hand out to feel the drop of rain on the palm of his hand. He didn't know for what exactly did he feel sorrow in his heart. Whenever it came to emotions, he was mostly uncertain of how he felt. Not knowing what he truly was, more questions pestered him day and night.

Perhaps, it was the incident that took years ago? When the two people who he held dear in his heart, met with an unexpected turn of events? Was it when the Melusines were attacked by the people who supported the old regime? Or was it when he had to sentence his dear friend to the Fortress of Meropide to show the people of Fontaine that his decisions were fair?

He wasn't sure. 

The Palais Mermonia building was not that far from where he stood though the visibility was not that great. He noticed how everyone had already disappeared off from the streets that were once bustling with people of various backgrounds. Feeling a sudden cold sense run behind his back, his head looked at the direction of a dark alley.

He stopped on his track right before the Palais Mermonia, sensing something ominous coming from the dark alley. It wasn't right, the power he could sense felt dark. Taking the decision to detour from his original path, he walked towards the dark alley, taking slow paced steps as he looks cautiously. 

The rain stopped but the dark clouds still encased upon the city. 

Being the Hydro Dragon, he had a keen sense of hearing. He could hear the loud piercing cry of an infant throughout the alley, urging him to walk faster towards the sound. Upon reaching the dead end, he noticed a newborn child on the ground with a woman, who was assumed the child's mother, laying on the floor. 

Seeing the state of the two, the Iudex rushed towards them. The woman lay unconscious on the floor as he tried waking her up. "Miss." he would call loudly, trying to move her shoulder in an attempt to wake her up. "Miss!" he sternly repeated not once but multiple times till he placed his hand over her neck to check for her pulse. 

On touching the specific vein on her neck, he could no longer feel the pulse. Her body was extremely cold, indicating the woman must have died hours ago from a natural death as she didn't look healthy either. 

A cold, eerie and lonely silence remained in the atmosphere as he silently observed the woman, who laid dead on the floor. In every ticking silence, he could only wonder what could have truly happened. 

The child no longer cried nor did he feel the ominous power anymore. Not hearing the child's cry, Neuvillette turned around to check on the newborn. A shiver ran down his spine as he saw the child go completely motionless, laying there still and silent. 

Quickly rushing over to the newborn, he picked her up in his arms and checked if the infant was still breathing, as a rush of panic struck him at the moment. Luckily she was still alive, as she had labored breaths and difficulties in taking air in. 

He quickly removed the blue coat he wore to appear in a trial earlier, covering the infant with it to provide warmth as he got up with her in his arms. Rushing towards the Palais Mermonia, he found Sedene, his personal assistant walking around puddles of water.

"Sedene!" He shouted loudly, gaining the attention from the melusine who was trying to enjoy the weather. 

"Monsieur Neuvillette!" she exclaimed as she looked at Neuvillette. Her excitement was soon replaced with that one of shock as she took notice of the newborn in his hands. She looked at the newborn before looking back at Neuvillette.

"Monsieur! Shall I—" The melusine who was about to give a suggestion was immediately cut off by Neuvillette as he opened the door to enter the building. His glare showed concern and fear as he instructed the Melusine.

"Call a doctor! Have him come to my office now." Neuvillette instructed as he quickly marched towards his warm office with the little infant, secure in his embrace. Little did he know how his own warmth was slowly thawing out the freezing cold in the little one's body. 

END CH. 01.

a/n : I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter!! Second chapter should be out soon, hope it answers your questions <3 

Happy birthday to Angellica159 !!