Chapter Thirteen

I opened the roof door and walked out onto the roof amidst a cloudless night sky. It was warm, almost as warm as the in-your-face summer heat that's quickly approaching. I strolled to the edge and peeped out over the apartments at the nearby park next to the Hudson River. The city was at its most peaceful this time of night. Just another midnight when I couldn't catch a wink of sleep, so I'd come up here to cool off and mull things over.

It's been 3 months since Lupine came crashing into my life. Since then, things have gotten so wild that it all feels like some crazy dream. All those dates and adventures, a house jam-packed with monster girls - it all seems straight up unreal. I let the relatively fresh air flow around me and try to center myself.

"Hey there, cutie," a sultry Japanese voice purred. I whipped my head around to find a woman just chilling on the wall of the building like it was no big thing.

Before me sat a pretty voluptuous woman in a skin-tight white komodo. She had long snow white hair flowing down her back and her pale moon skin that gleamed under the city lights. Her, uh, large bosom was just as big as Lupine's, lookin' like a white canyon in her robe. She was definitely on the thicker side, like Citrine, with a belly that hung out a lil bit, pressed against her robes. But the most eye-catching feature of her body? That extra large booty, no doubt. She'd need at least two chairs to properly park her behind and it will still spill over. Her thick, curvy thighs weren't playin' around either - they were pretty much spilling out of her tight robes on purpose. But, for sure, what made me certain this wasn't just some random run-in? She had fluffy white ears and two long, fluffy tails, a monster girl.

"Who are you?" I asked, taking a step back, a little startled.

"I am Hinata the kitsune," she said, her lips curling into a seductive smile.

"A kitsune? Isn't that, like, a Japanese fox or something?" I asked, taking a good look at every inch of her luscious bod.

"A yokai to be exact, but good on you for knowing my kind," her smile turned into a mischievous grin before she hopped off the wall, her body jiggling in that tight outfit.

"What are you doing all the way out here in New York?" I asked, staring into her bright yellow-orange eyes.

"Oh, just looking for some fun, some excitement, and maybe a little romance," she drawled, sashaying toward me like she owned the place, her mammoth hips swaying. I took a step back, worrying about exactly what she was after. "Now, don't be worrying, I won't bite - I'm here for a li'l bit of information," she purred, the word "information" dripping with innuendo.

"What information do you want?" I stuttered, glancing at the door behind me. Hinata was getting real close, her twin tails trying to reel me into that curvaceous body. Her smile twisted as she stared at me with her citrine eyes.

"Is it true that Americans eat hamburgers every day?"

And just like that, my brain short-circuited on me.

"...what?"

"And is it true that you have to wrestle cows every time you want some beef? Or is it really a law that every American has to get a gun as soon as they're born?"

All my fear and anxiety floated away, replaced by pure confusion. She was asking if American stereotypes were real? Then it hit me - I'd heard of this kind of thing before, in passing. She's like a weeaboo but for Americans, a westaboo!

"Or is it true that you scream 'yahoo' to hail a cab, or -" she kept going before I had to shut down her barrage of questions.

"Whoa there, slow it down."

"Oh, but I'm just super pumped to be here and talk to a real-life American," she squealed, going from aggressive flirting to just plain old excitement in a flash.

"Where'd you even learn about American life?" I asked, trying to make sense of her nutso brain.

"Oh, from old books and magazines - I've been cooped up at my shrine for like, centuries, and I got bored of Japanese life, all those offerings and prayers are so dull. It wasn't until the '60s that someone offered me a Coca Cola as an offering and I found out about this amazing place called America. Your world seems so strange and beguiling that it was too much for me to resist. That's why I finally decided to come to this wondrous land!"

"But why me?" I asked, knowing it was way too much of a kooky coincidence that another "random" monster girl stood in front of me.

"Oh, I swiped some paperwork from the Monster Exchange Program, and you were the right person to fit the bill!" Hinata chirped enthusiastically.

At this point I wasn't surprised. After being kidnapped by two monsters, freeing one from a slave trader, and rescued from a moon-crazed fight for my "love", stealing my personal information was low on the totem pole.

"But I'm already taking care of way too many girls," I fired back, giving it one last go to avoid getting yet another nutso girl in my life.

"Oh, don't sweat it, I can change my size - you won't even know I'm there," Hinata giggled. But before I could argue, she pulled a paper out from the depths of her, uh, deep cleavage. "Besides, with some tomfoolery, I'm legally yours," smirking like she was up to no good.

I huffed real deep, accepting my fate. "What do you want from me?"

"I am to live with you and learn from you all I can of this fascinating land!" She cooed, taking a step closer, her chest just mere inches from me, her fiery eyes turning seductive. God this girl acts like she has bipolar.

"Fine, but no funny business," I said sternly in hopes I won't regret this.

"No promises," she said coyly. She placed her long nailed finger under my chin, tracing it down to my chest before walking away, her hips rocking even harder.

I sighed before pinching the bridge of my nose. I'm definitely not going to get any sleep tonight.