Chapter 13

Max and Lucas boarded the Time Train and immediately greeted with respect by the train's cabin crew when they saw the ticket.

"Welcome aboard our train!" A tall woman wearing formal clothes exclaimed enthusiastically, then she pointed at the area in the front of the train and said, "Let me take you two to your seats."

Max, who had never experienced something like this grinned said, "Thanks!" Then he followed the woman into an area different from the rest. Unlike the normal seatings, the seats here were visibly larger in size and longer in length. The seats where farther apart with a personal cupboard beside. In the whole area there were only three rows of seats, with three seats on each row. The seats formed a square in the premium area leaving a lot of space around for movement. In front of each seat, there was a projector that could project films and videos clearly without a screen. It was one of the most advance gadgets that only the premium seats have.

"There they are!" The woman pointed cheerfully at two seats next to each other on the second row. "You can take your seats and if you have anything you can call me with the red button on the side of the armrest to your right! Thank you for choosing us and have a nice trip!"

Max nodded and muttered, "Thank you." Then walked quickly towards his seat and comfortably sat down enjoying the softness. The seats were snow white without any sign that it was used before. It was made of a high quality artificial made material tested to be the softest of all materials.

"Wow, this is so soft!" Lucas exclaimed as he laid down on his seat. Compared to their beds at the orphanage, the train seats were heaven. Not only were the seats comfortable, but Max and Lucas also kept discovering new abilities the seats have. Massaging, changing the angle, adding heat...

"Wow, the seat can even rock back and forth!" Max gasped pressing the tenth button.

"That's what you call premium guest!" Lucas explained happily enjoying the pleasure of the luxury that they had. Max smiled; he too was more than happy to enjoy the train's luxury. He looked curiously at the projector and wondered out loud, "How do you use this thing?"

Max's thinking was disturbed by Lucas, who had already worked it out and showed Max, "Look, there's a screen on the side of your left armrest. You can twist it, so a screen comes facing up. That's the screen of control!" Max did what Lucas told him to do, and a bright screen caught Max's eyes. Max tapped the screen and immediately it lightened up and the projector started to project what Max saw on the screen. The screen was divided into categories such as movies, search engines, games... Max touched the area labelled 'Movies' and the screen immediately took Max to the home page of movies. Bright covers of movies made Max gasp in disbelief, since his memory loss when he came to the orphanage, he had never remembered anything about watching movies or doing the things that kids in the same age as he was did. He switched open a random movie, Avengers, and twisted his body to fit comfortably into the seat and began to enjoy his first time watching a movie.

The colourful scenes immediately got Max's attention, he felt as if he could ignore the rest of the world and imagine himself in the world of the movie. Passangers passed all around him, but he didn't notice them. The seats began to be filled.

"Train will depart in two minutes, have a nice ride!" A voice coming out of the speaker brought Max back to the real world. The movie also stopped as the train gained energy to departure. Max glanced sideways at Lucas, who was also confused why had the movie turn off. Lucas, like Max, had also never been to the cinema or watch a movie. Max could heard a light humming from the engines almost covered up by the chatter of the passengers aboard. He could also feel the light vibration of the train preparing to take to at high speeds. Max could almost imagine the fascinating image of the Time Train taking off, how it was there milliseconds before and gone without any warning. Max's heart burst with excitement, as he felt his stomach do a somersault.