Chapter-2

I have been here for 15 minutes and I already want to go home, it would have been very rude if I didn't attend this party even after getting personally invited. I knew I was going to be alone at this party watching everyone busy talking among themselves. Runjhun is my friend but I don't want to bother her, she has other friends to talk to unlike me.

"It's not that bad standing in the corner of the hall, At least I have cold drinks".
I told myself.

I and Ishita made eye contact twice and then she started walking toward me with a smile.

"Hey...I am so sorry to leave u alone, come join us in the conversation".
Ishita said.

"It's alright".
"I don't like humans actually, they are pretty annoying".
I whispered.

Ishita stood silent for a minute.

"I feel that there is nothing more artistic than to love people" she whispered.

I was surprised.

"By Vincent Van Gogh"
I spoke.

"You know him ? I mean he is world famous so it's obvious for everyone to know him".
She said.

My heart was filled with joy, the surrounding wasn't black and white anymore. I saw blue and yellow colors starting to appear in the surroundings.

"I admire him the most, the painter he was, the tragedy he went through. His paintings, his thoughts. I feel like I know him from past life.
A few months back I bought a book named 'Letters of Vincent Van Gogh' he used to write letters to his brother Theo talking about his paintings, and his thoughts. I just love that book".

Ishita remained silent.

"You okay?".
I asked.

"This is the longest you've ever talked to me"
She chucked.

"Vansh don't tell me you're a painter ?"

"Nope, I am a flop poet actually, please don't tell anyone. It's  a secret".

"Really? I love reading novels and poetries but in our class, the students aren't much into these things so I keep it to myself and I've read 'Letters of Vincent' and I like it very much".
Ishita spoke.

"Ishita it's time to dance !"
Someone shouted.

Ishita held my hand and ran towards the group of dancing people.

Everyone in the hall was dancing, I didn't know how to dance so I danced like that old uncle in a marriage.

"Vansh, will you show me your poetries?"
Ishita said while dancing.

"There is nothing such as a flop poet, people at that time didn't like Vincent's painting and he was considered a flop painter. Maybe you're ahead of your time too".

Ishita looks different now. There is a shine on her face due to the sweat caused by dancing, her long hair is open, free, and beautiful. I don't like to talk much but I want to listen to her the whole night.

"I would love to show my poetries, but you have to promise that you won't laugh".

"You can trust me".
She said.

The time flew away and the party was over.
This was after so long that I enjoyed a party.

Later....

"It's 2:43 a.m. and here I am on my study table cause I have a sudden urge to write.         something".
I told my diary.

I can think about Ishita, she looked really beautiful that day.