Surprising Jake

Aera, Kenji and Heeseung arrived at the dorm. Holding all the bags in his hand, Heeseung led the way. Ni-ki opened the door to let them in. He was surprised to see Kenji there. Kenji met Jungwon, Sunoo and Ni-ki.

"Hey guys." Kenji said extending his hand for handshake.

"Hello, & welcome." Sunoo said showing his bright smile.

"GOD!! AERA YOU DID NOT TELL ME THERE WAS A SUNSHINE LIVING IN THIS DORM." Kenji whispered yelled to Aera who giggled at his reaction.

"Come on, let's sit. You must be tired." Jungwon said offering him a seat.

"NO, HE NEEDS TO HELP US DECORATE THE ROOM. OH AND WHAT ABOUT THE CAKE?? I TOTALLY FORGOT" Aera ran to the kitchen, panicked.

"Don't worry noona, it's in the fridge. It was already baked. We did not decorate it yet because we were waiting for you." Ni-ki said giggling.

Aera smiled. She opened the fridge and saw the baked cake. It looked good even without the chocolate glaze & other items.

"Okay so let's do this. Ni-ki and Kenji could blow the balloons, Won & Hee can decorate the wall with the 'Happy Birthday Jake' balloons while Sunoo and I can decorate the cake." She said while Ni-ki and Kenji looked at her in disbelief.

"So you're telling me that we need to blow all these balloons while you only decorate the cake?" Kenji asked in disbelief while everyone giggled.

"Of course, now start blowing the balloons because we don't have much time tho."

Everyone started their work. Sunoo and Aera glazed the cake with chocolate melted chocolate. They also put the Ferrero Rochers, wafers, and M&Ms on it, which Heeseung bought. They struggled somehow but were able to do it. Ni-ki secretly clicked a picture of them and showed Kenji who giggled looking at their messy states.

"Yay, we're done!!" Sunoo announced while the members and Kenji ran to the kitchen to have a look.

"OMG THIS IS AMAZING!" Said Jungwon clicking a picture of the cake Aera and Sunoo decorate.

"What time is it?" Aera asked them.

"It's 11:42 pm" Heeseung said, looking at his phone.

Everyone's eyes widened because there was still so much to do.

Suddenly Aera's phone rang making everyone look at it. It was Sunghoon. As she picked up the call, she said, "Hoon?"

"O-oh Aera. Are you guys done yet? Jake said we should go back so what do we do now?" He asked her.

"Can you make any excuse please? We're almost done." Aera pleaded.

"We drank the coffee, walked around the streets, talked about different things and now I have no idea what to do. Jake is stubborn." Sunghoon sighed.

"Give him the phone." Aera told him, and he did as he was told.

"Hello?" Jake said to the other line not knowing it was Aera.

"Jake." Aera said.

"Yes, Rae? What happened?" Jake asked softly.

"Can you do me a favour? Can you bring me tiramisu? I'm craving for it." Aera spoke, in hope that this excuse might work.

"Of course. We'll go to your favourite bakery and get you tiramisu." He said making her smile while Jay and Sunghoon looked at him in disbelief as one second ago, he was insisting to go back.

"Thank youuu, bye. See you soon!!" Aera said, hanging up the phone.

"WHY DOES THIS NEVER WORK WITH ME." Ni-ki sulked while everyone chuckled.

Aera helped Ni-ki and Kenji blow the balloons while the other members prepared the living room. Soon, everything was done. It was now 11:57 pm that meant that Jake, Sunghoon and Jay would be back any minute. Aera brought the cake to the living room. Sunoo clicked some pictures of the decor, as everything looked perfect.

A knock was heard on the door indicating the 3 of them were here. The guys switched off the lights of the dorm. Since Sunghoon had the keys, he opened the door for Jay and Jake. They entered the dorm.

"We're back." Jake announced.

He felt a bit worried as he could hear nobody and the lights were off too. As he entered the living room, the lights were switched on due to which he was taken aback.

"SURPRISE." Everyone said in unison.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE." Again, all of them said in unison.

Jake was surprised as it was unexpected. His eyes fell on the cake that was decorated beautifully.

"It was all Aera's plan." Jay said making the latter smile widely.

"Thank you, guys. It means a lot to me. All this is so cool." Jake said. He couldn't hide his smile knowing it was all Aera's plan.

Suddenly O2z's eyes fell on Kenji who stood there awkwardly. Their eyes widened.

"Oh KENJI?? When did you come to Korea?" Jay asked.

Kenji shook hands with them saying, "Today. I'm here for our school football match." He told Jay who nodded.

"Okay guys, let's cut the cake. It's 12:04 already." Jungwon said while everyone nodded. Jake sat besides the table where the cake was placed. To his right were Aera, Kenji, Heeseung, and Ni-ki. While to his left, were Sunoo, Sunghoon, Jungwon, and Jay.

Jake blew the candles, cut the cake while the others sang the happy birthday themed song, giggling. He cut a piece and fed the members starting from Aera. He stood in front of her with the piece of cake in his hand. He gestured her to open her mouth so she could eat the cake. She smiled, and whispered, 'a happy birthday'. After feeding her, he fed the other members and Kenji. Aera, then cut pieces of the cake and put them into plates for the boys. As Jake tasted the cake, he couldn't help but smile as the members made this cake for him. Everyone ate the chocolate cake which was very delicious. Jake looked at Aera who felt very satisfied with what she had baked. He noticed there was some chocolate on her face. He used his thumb to wipe it off. Aera was taken aback and looked at Jake. They held an eye contact for about a few seconds which got interrupted due to Kenji's fake cough.

"Let's give Jake our gifts?" Heeseung said while everyone nodded.

Aera went to her room and brought the gifts she bought for Jake.

Everyone gave Jake their gifts.

"Here, I didn't know your likes or dislikes so I got you this watch." Kenji said handing Jake a Rolex handbag. Jake smiled, "thank you Kenji. it's so cool."

Next was Sunoo who got Jake a perfume from his favourite brand. "Thank you Sunoo. The scent is so good." Jake said while Sunoo smiled.

Jungwon got him a Gucci bag, Heeseung bought Nike Shoes, while Jay also gifted him shoes. Ni-ki handed out a lego set to his hyung who was the happiest. "No way Ni-ki, it's a lego set?" Jake says shocked while everyone giggled. Sunghoon got him a black leather jacket.

"Thank you guys. Your gifts mean a lot to me. I love all these gifts." Jake said, appreciating the gifts.

"Here, this is from me." Aera said handing out the Tiffany handbag, and a Sephora handbag.

Jake opened the tiffany hand bag and saw the necklace she got him. It was a pearl necklace with another lock chain. "This is so pretty, Rae." He was so happy to see that Aera got him a necklace from his favourite brand. Opening the other package, he saw a delicate perfume bottle made of glass. He looked at the perfume which smelled like tulips, and lavenders. "God, I love this."

"I thought you'd like the scent of the flowers so I got you this." Aera told Jake who was trying to hide his smile.

"I love this, & I'll cherish it." He said looking at her. Aera blushed when he said that, trying to hide the smile.