Chapter 16

"Are you kidding me?" the oldest assassin exclaimed.

"This kid is incredible. His skills and agility are remarkable for a 12-year-old," Quill praised.

"13. I'm 13," Mason corrected.

"Oops, my bad," Quill apologized.

"What's your name?" the oldest assassin asked.

"Mason. And yours?" Mason replied.

"I'm Arno... I'm curious. You're dressed like an assassin. Do you know Tada?" the older assassin asked.

"Yes, I do. But how do you know him?" Mason wondered.

"He's my brother. He left us a long time ago to start his own family," Arno said. "I don't blame him, but I missed him. When the king learned about him, he sent his guards to kill him. Since that day, I thought he was dead. But now I see he trained you. He's still alive, isn't he?"

"Yes, he is. But he lost a leg recently in a raid on the king's ship. He lost hope that he could defeat the king," Mason replied.

Arno fell silent for a moment.

"We used to be three leading assassins, not just me and Tada," Arno said.

"Really?" Mason exclaimed.

"Yes. One of them went rogue, and Tada... well, you know his story, and I decided that I'm going to help you," Arno said.

"Thank you," Mason said.

"We're going to split up and recruit more people. But you, Mason, I need you to do me a favor," Arno said.

"Sure, what is it?" Mason asked.

"I need you to find the third assassin... my sister," Arno said.

Mason agreed, and Arno handed him a map with directions to the island where she lived.

"Please, persuade her to join us," Arno said.

"I'll do my best," Mason said.

"And take this eagle with you. He'll be your guide and companion," Arno said.

"Thank you," Mason said.

The next day, they prepared to leave Alexandria and search for more allies, except for Arno and Quill. They stayed behind.

"Take care, Mason, and come back in a month," Arno said.

"Yes, sir," Mason exclaimed.

Mason and the other two assassins sailed in different directions but with the same goal. As Mason navigated the open sea, he wondered how Luna and his sister Mabel were doing.

"Luna is probably training and awaiting my return. But Mabel... she's probably fine. I need to focus on my mission right now," Mason thought.

Meanwhile, in Gravity Falls, Mabel returned home after a boring day at school. She sought solace in her room, spending time with Waddles, then joined her family for dinner. An unexpected announcement shook up the evening.

"How was school?" Henry asked.

"Boring as usual. It's not the same without him," Mabel said.

"Mabel, I have some bad news," Henry confessed.

"What is it?" Mabel asked.

"I lost my job," Henry revealed.

"Oh, Dad, I'm so sorry," Mabel sympathized.

"But there's good news too. We're moving to Gravity Falls," Henry announced.

"WHAT!" Mabel exclaimed.

"Yes, honey. We don't like seeing you sad, and we think Gravity Falls would be a good change for us," Rachel explained.

"Thank you, Mom and Dad," Mabel said.

As dinner concluded, Mabel retreated to her room, eager to share the news with Pacifica through a video call.

"Pacifica, I'm moving to Gravity Falls!" Mabel announced with excitement.

"No way! Have you bought a house here yet?" Pacifica asked.

"I think so," Mabel replied.

"Well, I hope you live in the house across from me," Pacifica remarked.

"Me too, and now I'll be able to talk to Stan about, you know, the portal," Mabel whispered.

"Yeah, well, we can talk more tomorrow," Pacifica said. "I have a test."

"Ok, bye," Mabel said.

Meanwhile, Mason continued his journey across the sea, hoping to reach his destination soon.