Chapter 3

Mary dug herself into the covers, hiding until morning light shined through her thin white curtains. Then she gracefully rolled over, which she ever so ungracefully face-planted onto the floor. 'Today is going to be a great day' she thought, picking herself off the ground to make her daily coffee.

She rubbed her eyes, then picked up a random cup, "what would I do without you, my precious coffee" she cooed to the coffee cup, while hugging it. Before putting it in the coffee machine, gazing off into the unknown until the beeper went off.

As she carelessly made her breakfast, she checked her phone, "9:36!" She exclaimed, before running to her closet and pulling out random clothes out. "I'm gonna be so late" Mary said, slurping down her coffee in one go. Then she put the burnt piece of toast in her mouth and ran out.

Thankfully she had all her suitcases in the lobby already, so all she had to do was grab them and run.

As she rushed her way down the lobby, she was greeted by many happy smiles. "They're so lucky" she murmured to herself.

---

The cab ride to the airport was just awkward, his name was Jamel and the guy kept asking what Mary was doing for the holidays, where she was going, what she wanted for Christmas, over and over again, the man was better than most interrogators in crime shows. And since the traffic was so bad, she had to stay in there for even longer than normal, and the seats weren't even that comfy! The day kept feeling longer and longer.

---

Once she finally got to the airport, she either had 2 minutes to check her luggage, go through security, and board the plane, or find another way to get to Florida within a day. As she weighed her options, she saw a random guy on the streets holding a sign.

"1000$ dollar rides to wherever you want!" he yelled, "within a day!" He added, the people passing by just stared at him, but Mary saw some opportunity. She marched up to him, while pulling a wad of cash from her purse.

" Do you take cash?"

---

Mary was expecting a private jet or something, but not a carriage pulled by a donkey, "you can put your bags there-" the man said. The more Mary looked at him, the more she wondered how he didn't get cold, he was dressed like a 70s man going to a disco, no jacket and it was 38°!

He had dark brown hair, that was very thin and uncombed; reminded Mary of her brother's hair.

"I'm Jackson by the way" Jackson said while jumping up and down with the donkey.

"Why are you jumping up and down?" Mary questioned, maybe she should've tried to make her flight.

"It's how I become one with the donkeys" he answered, motioning her to jump on the donkey.

"B-but I thought I would be sitting in the carriage" Mary stuttered.

"That's where the luggage goes" Jackson replied, while getting onto the front of the donkey, "so where to girly pop?"

"Why should I tell you?" Mary pouted, jumping onto the back of the donkey, surprisingly it wasn't cramped.

"Cause I'm the driver" he said, "unless you know how to drive a donkey." Jackson continued, while starting to put the donkey in motion.

"Good point, I want to go to Florida" she said, making herself comfortable, which was surprisingly easy.

"Where in Florida? Panhandle, Orlando, Miami, The Keys? Girly Florida's big ya know?" Jackson asked, while strumming the donkey's head.

" Saraugest" she responded.

"Heyyyy, that's where I used to live!" Jackson added, slowly making the donkey go up to full speed.

"Really? I'd think I would remember someone like you" Mary said, gazing out into the snowy scenery, being cooped up inside all day made it hard to appreciate the beauty surrounding her. But the rat sitting in front of her ruined it.

"Is that good thing or bad thing?" he asked.

"Depends of the way you look at it" she shrugged, "also-" she added, "I find it hard to believe we'll be able to make it to Saraugest within a day."

"Don't underestimate Bartha" he said, turning around to stare at her right in the face. "Okay Bartha you can do this, you've been training for months." He patted Bartha on the side.

Instead of getting faster, Bartha seemed to slow down, "aww is she tired already, just give me my money bac-" Then it seemed Bartha speeded up to the speed of light, if that was possible.

"And you underestimated Bartha" Jackson replied, "we'll be there in 2 hours tops."

---

The rest of the ride went by very quickly, occasionally Jackson would make a random comment that would turn into some small talk, but otherwise, it was pretty peaceful, though Mary did fall over a few times.

"If you pay extra, I'll take you to your house!" Jackson advertised, but Mary thought a donkey pulling a princess carriage is the last thing her parents would want her pulling up in.

"Just drop me off by a car rental place." Mary said, pulling off her coat, good thing she was wearing layers!

"Suit yourself" Jackson shrugged, pulling over to a car shop, "here ya go! Have a very Mary Christmas" he said laughing to himself. "See what I did there merry and Mary, hahahaha"

"Very funny" Mary said, jumping off Bartha and grabbing her bags, "good-bye!" and with that Bartha and Jackson ran off to a new adventure, or something like that. But Mary was about to have a roller-coaster of events fly her way. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe, like how I did the foreshadowing there :O

I'd like to think Bartha and Jackson's next adventure would be jail, for crashing into a random person. Maybe I'll write a side story about that.

Would you take Jackson and Bartha's Carriage ride? I know I would 

Happy Thanksgiving/ Turkey day!!!!

word count 952