Chapter 1 : Encounter

Tanjiro POV

I was making my way down the mountain when I saw a strange girl lying in the snow. I let go of Nezuko's hand and rushed towards the girl. "Ma'am, are you alright?" I asked, wondering why she would be in the snow. The girl was unconscious. So, I picked her up and kept walking down the mountain with Nezuko. "I wonder what happened to her." I thought to myself. " Maybe she wasn't used to the thin air on a mountain? Or maybe she was attacked?" One thing was for sure, I wouldn't know until she woke up.

The sun was coming up so I made my way towards a cave so Nezuko could be safe from the sun. I left the girl with Nezuko so it would be easier to walk around. I came across some farmers and what I thought to be a basket, bamboo, and straw. "I beg your pardon, but may I take that basket and a little straw and bamboo?" I asked. The farmers replied: "We don't mind! But the basket has a hole in it." "That's all right! Can I pay you?" I blatantly asked. "No, it's a broken basket anyway." The farmer replied. "Please let me pay!" I replied with a sterner tone than before. "No thanks." The farmer replied, clearly confused as to why I wouldn't just go. "But I want to pay!" I yelled. "We don't want it!" The farmer yelled back. "Just take this. It's only a few coins!" I slapped the coins into his hand. I took the supplies and walked away back to Nezuko and the girl.

-Mini timelapse-

"You're awake!" I shouted when I saw the girl pacing near the entrance of the cave. She looked up at me with a startled look. As I neared, she backed into the cave that Nezuko was hiding in. "Who are you and where am I?" she said nervously. "I'm Tanjiro Kamado and behind you is my sister Nezuko. As for where we are, we're in Japan." I replied, confused as to why she didn't know that this was Japan. "Did you hit your head hard when you fell ma'am?" I asked. "No! I certainly did not! I'm not sure how I ended up in Japan either." She snapped back. "She definitely hit her head." I decided. "What's your name?" I asked, trying to see if she remembered anything. "Kyoka Hayashi." She huffed. "Well, Kyoka would you like to come along with me and my sister?" I wasn't sure if this was a good idea, but I couldn't just leave her stranded. 

"Ugh, fine you look weak anyway." She said while pulling out kunai. "So, your sister was turned into a demon I take it?" "How did you know?" I asked. "It's pretty obvious based on the way she's acting." Kyoka sneered. Tanjiro sighed. "We have to get going if we're to make it to Mount Sagiri." I fixed the basket for Nezuko, and we were on our way.

-Mini Timelapse-

"Excuse me ma'am but is this the way to Mount Sagiri?" I asked a woman who was outside with her child. "You're headed on the right path but it's getting dark, and people have been going missing." "I appreciate your concern, but we will be fine," I replied. The woman kept eyeing Kyoka who was spinning her kunai knife on her finger. "Thanks for the directions," I said. We continued down the path till we saw a way station. I snapped, and Kyoka and I both exchanged glances. It was the scent of blood. We ran up the steps and opened the door. To our horror, we saw a demon feasting on quite a few humans. "Get off my turf!" It yelled.