Chapter 3

Scarlett's P. O. V:

The next morning, I was leading Royce to the tie up rail. I want to get some practise in.

I'm wearing a long sleeved red shirt with a high collar and quarter zip that's undone, with a pair of black jodhpurs and my red gloves.

At the tie up rail, I groom my horse before tacking him up.

Then I lead my horse to the arena where I mount and spend half an hour warming up. Then I set up a jumping course and I go through it.

I sail over the first vertical. We don't touch it and canter three paces before clearing the next vertical.

We clear the cross rail fence which has two poles forming an x and I head up the arena towards the next which is an oxer. We sail over it without nicking the poles.

I head for the next cross rail jump and we clear that too. Royce and I clear the next few fences with ease before sailing over the final vertical fence.

"Hey, Scar!" A voice calls, causing me to whip my head around. Pin was at the gate, waving to me. "Sam wants everyone at the tie up rail for an announcement."

I responds, "I'll be right there!"

I turn my horse around to the gate as Pin opens it.

I trot past and nod my thanks to Pin who returns it. I tie my horse up beside Monty at the rail and I untack him.

Sam calls. "Alright, guys! Listen up!" The Greenbridge is with her.

Zoe is with Becky and Jade, and a black and white Gypsy pony. Mia and Susie were near me.

"The People Pony Magazine are visiting the yard today," Sam announces, making everyone clap and cheer.

"It's like, news for horses," Becky says.

Zoe says, "I didn't know horses could read." Sam was speaking again.

"So this is our chance to let the stables shine! To spread the word about Bright Fields and bring lots and lots of new riders our way!" Sam says, fingers crossed.

Marcus clears his throat as he says from behind her, "Well, hopefully, anyway."

"Speaking of which, this is Zoe," Sam says, gesturing to Zoe. "She found Raven, so we owe her big time. And this is Scarlett Valentine and, Junior Show Jumping Champions from London. She and her parents are staying with us here, and is boarding her horse here. So let's make them all feel welcomed."

Zoe and I hold up our hands as everyone bursts into another round of applause.

Sam adds as she backs away, "If you have trouble getting ready for the shooting, come find Marcus, or me."

Jade says to us, "Marcus is Sam's cousin."

"He's the best rider in the yard," Becky adds.

"He's really nice," Jade says as Marcus comes around.