SESSION 1D

The clock ticked as Jackie waited for her patient, sitting comfortably in a brown cushioned chair. The room was colored with warm tones, a sofa neatly set, a coffee table in the middle of the room, small book shelves and plants surrounding the room. She made sure the room was spacious and devoid of any triggering objects for her clients.

Her ear perked as she heard the click and creak of the door opening, Deana entering the room. Her movements and expression already showed her reluctance for these. Her eyebrows were creased, lips curled slightly downward in a frown, her arm holding onto the other as she closed the door.

"Welcome, Deana. Lovely morning today, isn't it?"

"... I guess."

Deana muttered, making her way to the cream colored couch and sat down, crossing her legs. She leaned further into the cushions while Jackie straightened her posture, clasping her hands together.

"I'm sure this isn't your first time at one of these, yes?"

"... No."

"Well then, how about we start with easy questions?"

"Go for it."

Deana mumbled, the wall seeming to have her attention more than the actual person in front of her.

"How are you today?"

"I'm fine."

"I'm glad. What did you do today?"

"Went on a mission."

"Was it successful?"

"Mm."

"I can see you're reluctant about speaking with me, why is that?"

Deana didn't answer for a few minutes, looking between Jackie and the carpet.

"You.. I don't think this'll matter."

"How so?"

"There were sessions where things were actually going pretty great. Until it wasn't. I know the whole point of these isn't to fix us or whatever, just let us come to terms with ourselves but..."

Deana paused, thinking over her words.

"I don't think I ever can. I'll just be stuck."

"Stuck?"

"I'll think things are going great and then I just- I come spiralling back down just because I can't handle a few words being spewed at me."

"I see..."

"I know, it's fucking annoying."

"No no, it's not annoying. These sessions take time and patience, a relapse isn't uncommon with these things. If you are willing enough to keep doing these, then trust me. Things will eventually get better, it doesn't mean all the bad will disappear, but it will get better."

Deana fell silent, not having a response to that.

"I'll get to the next question, is that alright?"

"Yeah."

"How do you cope? Like what do you do to help yourself calm down?"

"Uh, do you really need to know?"

"You don't have to tell me, dear."

"Okay.. uh, I guess one of 'em is drinking."

"Excessive?"

"From what I've been told, yeah."

"Hm, well, we could talk about that some other time."

"Okay.."

Jackie wrote it down in her clipboard, Deana fidgeting with the ends of her sleeves.