4.Snakes and Mirror

4

A question still lingered on my mind. Wandering. I asked.
____

"What's your name? If you want me to call you sir in front of your relatives that's fine for me" I raised a brow.

It's sir for you, nothing more.

The so clear demand to call him sir still lingered in the back of my head. Who likes to be commanded on? Not me.

"Stephan" he narrowed his eyes. "Stephan Alphonso De Luca" my eyes squinted, trying to remember the syllables of the very familiar name. I know it. I have heard it somewhere.

Stephan.

Stephan...

Stephan Alfonso De...Luca?

Luca?

Shit.

Fuck.

No. He's not.

My eyes turned into saucers as realisation dawned.

He's the fucking CEO of Luca Corps?

'We met at Luca Corps. at the time when you was attending the interview for my PA.'  his words were now clear as daylight. For my PA, he had said. My PA.

I visibly groaned and was almost ready to bang my head on the table top to wake up from this hell of a world. Before I could react noises from the hallway stopped me in my place. My whole body was reacting. It was stiff and on guard. The hair in my neck rose up in alarm. Beads of sweat dripped down my spine. Nervous. I am so damn nervous. I didn't have any reason to be. It's not like I should make a good impression or I will get a bullet straight through my skull... maybe.
I stood up along with Stephan, as figures emerged towards the door.

An old man first entered the room. He had blonde hair and azure blue eyes just like that of Stephan...His father, maybe.

The man was wearing a custom tailored branded suit which didn't even have a visible speck of dust on it. The watch on his wrist was decorated with diamonds that shone under the light. His shoes were polished enough that it reflected the artificial light and was shining like a mirror. Rich people.

Next entered a woman. Raven hair, dyed from the look of it. Emerald eyes, sharp and elegant. She had diamond accessories all over her body. Necklace, bracelets, earrings, what more? Her gown was perfectly fitting for her body showing off her curves. She was old yet one of the prettiest woman I have ever seen. She could've passed for being a model.

A few more people entered but they looked nothing special. But there was this one guy who released a different aura. He was a redhead and had amber mixed brownish eyes. His tall and lean figure gave off fuckboy vibes. His hungry look at the moment he set eyes on me showed me everything I need to know.

That guy was a sick bastard.

My face remained stoic but my stomach was churning with disgust as his eyes trailed over my body and started staring at my exposed cleavage.

I tried to not focus at that ugly Hyena in front of me and sat down when Stephan did. I couldn't show any visible sign of being uninterested. A small conversation was going on between I guess what was the family members and unexpected as it has to be, a question was shot at me.

"And...Who are you? Stephan's another whore?" The Hyena asked, looking at me and then at Stephan. "She's too pretty for you to play with. Give her to me, will ya?"

I took a deep breathe in and loudly exhaled. It took mere seconds for my fist to meet the man who was sitting right across me from the table.

I heard a few bones crack here and there. Ha! That would fix his jawline.

I was crouching on the table top and infront of me was the deformed face of the Hyena guy. Weird. Why do I feel something is wrong? Another wave of tsunami hit me. Realisation?

I jumped off the table back to my seat and adjusted my dress. Acting as if nothing happened. Stephan sighed beside me.
"She's my fiance, Mark" he spoke.
The old man sitting in the head of the table smirked.

"You could get no perfect match than her." Upon saying this the man stood up.
"Now. Officially. I would like to pronounce my son, Stephan Alphonso De Luca as the new mafia head of the Italian mafia, Mellifera, by inheritance from the former head, myself, Gabriel Luca."