68

Deku's POV
Nothing really makes sense and at the same time it does. So my dreams weren't just bad dreams but memories. As sad as it is to think of Kacchan pushing me away like that, it was also comforting to know that he didn't understand those feelings very well at the beginning either. Weird enough it wasn't until I had to watch myself die that I started to get uncomfortable.

Kacchan wasn't taking it okay, he was losing it and to make matters worse, he still hasn't noticed yet! I saw him make the deal with the Lady in the Green Hood and then suddenly I was dying again. This time though the Lady in the Green Hood didn't appear.

Only moments after when she would have arrived Kacchan's quirk was going haywire and he just held me tighter. "I'm so sorry Izuku, I guess I wasn't worth saving," he whispered before there was a large explosion, far larger than any that I've ever seen him create in either life and there in the aftermath was our mostly charred bodies, what was left of them.

I tried to scream, to cry, to run over to him but I couldn't move or make a noise at all. Then I was looking at Mom and All Might, they were screaming, crying, demanding to know how this could ever be real but they only broke further into each other's arms. Not even a week later Mom was holding a positive pregnancy test in her hand, sobbing even more.

Time passed by and I was watching Aiko, the spitting image of my baby sister only instead of smiling and laughing there was so much silence and hiding. After the death of Kacchan and I, a war seemed to break out, one far worse than when we were in highschool. People had to take refuge wherever they were and mostly they were alone. Mom, Dad and Aiko ran through the streets searching for a safe place to stay the night, maybe even get some food but little Aiko slipped and caught the attention of what looked like villains, or maybe vigilantes, who came running over.

They found a place to hide until the danger was gone but it looked like Dad had far too much practice at it.

"My baby, I need you to be strong for your mother. Keep her safe for me?" Dad whispered, setting his forehead against hers so he could talk more softly.

"Daddy, I'm only six. Don't go," she whimpered and he chuckled a little. Seeing the far too old image of my broken and aged father was almost too much for me but the fact that he was still so strong left me in awe.

"You are so very much like your big brother. My baby you are so strong and I could never be more proud of you, I wish I could have told him that before… Well before," Dad chuckled softly, sadly. My heart feels like it's being ripped out of me. He really felt like that before? I mean I understand our new lives together but the first time around we didn't even meet until I was fourteen!

"Daddy, don't go," she begged but he just kissed her on the head.

"Baby girl, one day you'll understand that sometimes we have to do what we don't want in order to protect what is most important. And there is nothing more important to me now than you two," he whispered, giving her another kiss. "Be strong, I'll try to meet you at the Bakugo's in the morning, stay safe. Listen to your mother," he instructed before running out and using his hero form just long enough to get the dangerous people's attention and he started running away, the villains chasing after him.

I was forced to follow until he was forced into a dead end alleyway and he turned back around to face them.

"There really isn't a reason to do this," All Might tried to reason with them but one of them just cackled, none of them answered. One seemed to have appeared out of nowhere and stabbed Dad in his side.

"Except the one that kills All Might will have their name go down in history," he giggled before twisting the knife. "Bye-bye," he giggled and he pulled the knife out just for Dad to fall to the ground, barely making a sound. There was a lot of ugly laughing before I was again with Mom and Aiko.