Chapter 0: How It All Began

The sky was a deep, vibrant shade of crimson as the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the world in hues of orange and pink. The air was crisp and cool, carrying with it the faint scent of autumn leaves and wood smoke from nearby chimneys. In this idyllic town, nestled amongst rolling hills and lush forests, our main character, Arjun hangs out with his friends: Gabriel, David, and Jamal. Arjun is a half-Indian, half-white man. He has black hair, brown eyes, and a mixed skin color.

The group walks home together since they all live in the same neighborhood, and they chat as their shoulders weigh from fatigue at another long day in class. The crisp autumn air was filled with the sounds of their shoes crunching against the leaves and the occasional car whizzing past them on the busy street. Their conversation, which had been sparse and infrequent thus far, began to pick up as they neared their neighborhood.

"So, if you were so mad, why didn't you just beat the shit out of them?" Asked David, he is a 16-year-old white male with blonde hair and blue eyes. He'll SWEAR he has game, but not one person has seen him with a female since... well since he came out of the womb. "Sounds like he was talking hella mess, for real."

"Me personally, I could never tolerate that level of disrespect." Jamal had commented. He is an 18-year-old black male with black hair and brown eyes. He was hardly, but still somewhat, trying to gaslight Arjun who got roasted by some middle schooler trying to act tough in front of girls. Arjun let the kid slide since he knew that kid would be bitchless due to his behavior. But on the other hand, he was so infuriated by the child, that whenever he thought about it he started seething.

"Shut the hell up, Jamal." Said our protagonist, Arjun. He spoke playfully, while softly jabbing Jamal's arm. Gabriel and David snickered at the exchange between the two.

"But for real, I could never let that slide." Jamal began, Arjun was about to make a snarky remark but he saw a genuine smile form on the former's face. "You're a much better person than me, being able to keep your hands and emotions in check."

Everyone then began walking silently, just as silent as Gabriel... Oh, I forgot to introduce him. Well, let's hop right on that. Gabriel is a Latino with brown hair and green eyes. He's 17, the same as Arjun, and his main characteristic is how silent he is. Right now he was reading a book, and only contributing to the conversation when someone brought him into it. The silence grew a bit uncomfortable for Arjun, so he slapped the back of Jamal's head.

"Aah, what the hell?" Jamal began complaining. "I compliment you and this is how you repay me?" David stood there in shock while Gabriel looked up from his book before looking back down and flipping the page. Arjun was smiling smugly before he started speaking.

"You over here talking sappy as hell, we don't do none of that shit bro." Said Arjun. He weaved a right hook from Jamal before continuing, "Come on, melon muncher, I know you're faster than that." This riled up Jamal even more, anger visible on his face. But Arjun pushed it further. "Calm down Jamal, don't pull out the 9." And with that, Jamal began chasing Arjun who was laughing hysterically.

"GET BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE RAT!" Jamal said. He wasn't going to lose Arjun that easily.

"Oh damn, you're using your passive agility buff for the first time in your life!" Arjun said continuing to laugh.