𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓼... 𝓕𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓻

-It's been my pleasure, Miss Rory-He says with a smile, and a playful bow. His expression becomes more serious once again. -Rory Salvatore, huh?- His eyebrows knit together in thought. -Wait... are you related to anyone here in the village? Your name sounds... familiar-.
-Amm, I don't think so haha, we just arrived from Italy- I say.
-Italy!- Gilbert exclaims, sounding amazed. -I've always wanted to visit Italy!-
-What are you doing here in Avonlea? You've never been here before?- He asks curiously, tilting his head slightly. -And, do you have any family at all?-
-Oh really? Haha, to tell the truth it's not a big deal haha, my Aunt came to live here about 20 years ago, because she fell in love and left everything to be with the love of her life-.
-Oh my, that's so romantic!- Gilbert coos, sounding rather dreamy.
-Is she happy?- He questions with intrigue, tilting his head as he looks at me, an inquisitive grin on his face.
-It was.... A month ago my uncle passed away... that's why we decided to come to keep him company-

-Oh... oh no- Gilbert murmurs, his soft expression growing into one of concern.
-I'm very sorry to hear about your uncle's passing- He tells me, his voice hushed.
-I imagine it's been a very hard time for your aunt... how is she managing?-
-She's better now, but I accompany her to the cemetery on Saturdays so she can see him...-
-How kind of you-. Gilbert smiles gently, tilting his head.
-You... have a good heart-.  He says softly, his words quiet, yet sincere.
-It's a hard thing, losing someone you love. A good thing your aunt has you with her for company-. He adds on.
-I don't know if I could say a good heart haha, it's the least I can do for her, she took care of me when we came on vacation, she seemed very happy with my uncle.... I can't imagine what you are going through-.
-Still- Gilbert replies. -I can tell you have a sweet spirit about you, Rory- He looks at you, his eyes gentle.
-I bet she's very grateful for your company. The world needs more people like you who go out of their way to make others happy- He murmurs, smiling softly.
-It could be...-thoughtful- Well! We better hurry up, I don't want to be late for my first day of school haha-
-Yes, yes! We should probably get there before class has started as well. You've still got a good amount of walking to do before you arrive at the schoolhouse-Gilbert replies, reaching to take my hand.
-Shall we go, Miss Rory?- He asks, smiling.
It would be a pleasure Mr. Gilbert! -joking-.