Home

I struggle through the hard grip as Randy's fingers latched around me, just above my elbows.

He took my switch and moved it in such a pattern slashing my cheek open making me cry out in pain. I felt the warm blood trickle down my cheek as a mix of my tears and sweat beaded into the cut, stung the open wound.

Then he suddenly started punching me on the jaw and in the stomach making me flinch and cry out with every hit. I could taste a faint metallic taste in my mouth.

I couldn't just sit here and take the blows.

I pulled my head forward then swung it back so hard and so instantly, I caught Randy by surprise and the top of my head crashed into his lower lip. A sharp pain made my head throb after the hit. He yelled in pain as he let go of me and shoved me forward. He held his bleeding lip.

I fell on the hard concrete sidewalk but luckily I broke my fall with my hands. I looked around quickly and saw my switch on the ground. I grabbed it before anyone else could and slashed the nearest persons ankles. Those ankles happened to be Charlie's. He picked me up by the back of my shirt and threw me down on the ground. This time I wasn't able to break my fall so I landed right on my face. He repeatedly kicked my side. I rolled on to my stomach and propped myself  up on my elbows. I coughed and spit out a ball of blood.

He flipped me onto my back and played with the helm of my shirt.

He tried pulling it off but I shoved his hands away. A soc behind me grabbed my arms and pinned them to the ground, while Charlie sat on my legs making me impossible for me to move. His fingers slowly traced my toned stomach as he looked at me with devilish eyes.

He ripped of my shirt leaving me in just my black lace bra. He shifted positions which gave me an opportunity to fling my leg up as high as I could right between his legs. He fell over groaning and crying as his buddies helped pick himself up and run away. Someone was obviously coming to my side, because the socs wouldn't have run. Who knows what they would have done to me.

I flipped over onto my stomach trying to cover myself and hold my side. I squeezed my eyes shut and my forehead pressed into the sidewalk. I lifted myself up on my forearms so my side wouldn't be pressed to the ground. The group rushed to my aid

Three guys ended up around me. I knew it was my brothers. Darry was on my left as soda and pony were on my right.
I felt a warm fabric draped over my shoulders, soon learning that it was my twin brother's flannel.

"You're okay now kiddo" Darry said rubbing my back. I took the weight of my forearms and let my body fall to the ground, knowing I was now safe.

Darry rolled me onto my back so they could see my face.

"Oh Novs," Soda said cradling me in his arms. I was so tired and in so much pain I closed my eyes.

I felt like I got hit by a truck, to be completely honest.

"Come here, I'll bring ya to the car" Darry took me out of Sodas arms and carried my body to the car.

I could tell there was tension between us, but Darry put it aside to help me. I bet once I feel better, he's definitely going to have a talk with me. He placed me on Sodas and Pony's lap as they held me up. I leaned my head onto Sodas chest just below his neck.

"Don't worry Baby, you'll be okay, I promise" He said holding me. He ran his fingers through my hair softly.

The car ride was rather short. Darry would say a few things under his breath about beating up those socs tonight, and Pony trying to calm him down.

Soda just whispered sweet things to me as I listened to him breathe. He buttoned up the blue flannel that he put around me.

Once we got home I was able to walk to the couch. I fell down into the memory foam and groaned when my now black and blue ribs hit my arm. Soda pulled up my shirt a bit and looked at my side. After looking for a few seconds, he pulled the shirt back down over my body. Pony got ice and held it up to my jaw where I got punched one of the many times.

"Don't worry Nova" Pony said to me softly. He was sitting on the ground in front of me as he held the ice. " You'll be up and at it in a few days. Your strong remember? You- you'll be ready for tryouts, I'll help ya." He said to me. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He wasn't crying but his eyes were glossier than normal.

"Thanks Pony. I love ya" I said softly before closing my eyes again.

I forgot I had soccer tryouts in less than a week. I have played soccer ever since I was nine. I've gotten pretty good at it too. As a freshman I was pulled up to varsity and sophomore year I was voted team captain.

I never mentioned it, but I am very athletic. I do basketball, soccer, and track. I've been titled mvp many times. I'm not as good as Pony in track but I'm right behind him

Sports are the only reason why I haven't dropped out yet. Other than Darry also saying no. My coach has told me many times, that at this point I could get into any college I wanted to because of my soccer skills.

Pony kissed my cheek before balancing the ice on my cheek and jaw before getting up.

I was just about to fall asleep after a few minutes of Pony leaving my side, until someone barged through the door.

"Nova baby! What happened?!" Steve yelled with Dallas right behind him as they looked at me practically dead on the couch. I sat up and rubbed my head profusely before standing up. Darry came over talked to Steve and Dallas. He probably told them what happened.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed ibuprofen from the cabinet and took two. I grabbed one of the glasses and filled it with water, taking a big sip, I threw the pain killers into my mouth and swallowed them.

Dallas came around the corner and walked up close to me. He grabbed my chin softly and inspected the cut and the bruise on my jaw. He tiled my chin up.

"Can I see?" He said ever so softly, it was almost frightening. I've never heard Dallas so quiet. Normally his loud voice could echo through the house letting us all know he was there. But he spoke so quietly I could barely hear him.

I nodded. I carefully unbuttoned the shirt starting at the top and making my way down.

I didn't care if Dallas saw me in my bra to be honest.
It isn't  the first and it won't be the last.

Just don't tell Darry I said that.

He grabbed the opening of the flannel from my hand and held it open exposing my side.

His cool fingers ran over my rib cage. Right as Dallas was inspecting my side, Darry walked in and look at Dallas with angry eyes and slapped his hand away from me.

"Don't touch her" he said pointing at Dallas

. Dally was smart enough to stay quiet and not say anything. He knew Darry was in a bad mood.

"Darry it's fine" i said groggy. 

He mumbled something but it was inaudible for all of us.

Dally came back over to my side once Darry left the kitchen. I looked up at him.

"Don't worry Doll, I'm going to kill who ever did that to you."