Flashback Dance Dream part 1 ~The library~

While N and V are sleeping, they both have a flashback dream of the Elliot Mansion from years ago.

[Flashback Butler N POV]

Working at the Elliot Mansion is tiring, sure it's easy to carry 9 glass cups at once but it would be nice to have a break once in a while...

Luckily, at the night, the humans don't need the worker drones to help so I mostly have my break around that time, I like reading dog books at the library. Though sometimes it can  get boring if I read for too long.

But besides that, reading about dogs is fun! Reading facts about every dog breed is so interesting and cool!
~
Butler N would be reading in the library right now, as he hears some small footsteps...

N would ignore the footsteps, not worrying about them much, as he is too focused on the book.

[Flashback Maid V POV]
M
O-Oh god, I hope he doesn't notice I'm here, I don't want to scare him. But I think I should just say hi, I'm on my break, and I love reading in the library as well!

Oh how do I say Hi? I don't want to be so sudden, maybe it'll be okay, maybe I can say hi and have a normal conversation with N today!

Well, h-here goes...
~

V would walk more into the library, trying to be quiet, but not so quiet that N wouldn't be able to tell that someone was there.

*tap tap

V would slowly walk over to N and gently tap him on the shoulder.

[V's POV]
"H-Hi N! How are you today?"
N would turn his head to me and put his book down.
"Oh Hi V! I'm doing good! What about you?" N replies back

O-Oh crap, He actually responded and noticed me! What do I do?! Wait...Calm down V, this was your idea! You can't act so nervous anymore! It's time to be brave!

"What are you reading there N?" I ask.

N would then close the book in his spot and show it to me, looking happy that I asked.

"Oh I'm reading a book about dogs!" N answered. A dog book? Oh yeah, N really likes dogs, especially golden retrievers. You know, N is kinda like a golden retriever, which makes his likable...I mean...I-I like him...

"Oh dogs? T-That's nice! What dog are you reading about right now?"

"I'm reading about husky's right now, I'm excited because I'm almost on the page about golden retriever's!"

Ah, he's reading the book for the golden retrievers, that's so N, maybe I can read it with him?

I nervously speak, "W-Well could I sit with you while you read the book?"

N would then look at me again and smile brightly while patting the space next to him on the floor.
"Of course V! Come sit! Reading will be much more fun with a friend around! We could even go back and forth reading different pages!"

I would smile softly as N gestures me to sit next to him. As I would sit next to N, I look at the book, waiting for N to start reading.
~

[N's POV]
I'm glad V's here, she's such a great friend...I'm glad that she's in my life. She's so kind and sweet towards me! A-And kind of cute....

Well, whatever, I should probably start reading, I don't want to keep V waiting!
~
N would start reading the book to V, going at a pace to where V could hear him clearly. V would also take turns reading parts of the book too, but she was a little slow and would stutter a bit, not because she can't read well, but because she's so nervous around N. But her reading would get more clear over time.

N and V would continue to take turns reading the dog book. After a while, they would both finish the book and close it.

[N's POV]

"And that's the end of the book!" I say, smiling towards V

"That book was nice, I enjoyed reading it with you.." V says shyly, I don't know why she's so shy and timid, it's not like I'm gonna hurt her. But her shyness is kind of cute in my opinion. ...is that okay to think that? Well whatever..

There's still time before it's time to go sleep, even if we're just robots, and I kind of want to read another book with V. But I'll have to ask her first.
"Hey V?" I ask gently, V would look at me in curiosity, wondering what I had to ask.

"What is it, N?" V replied

"Do you maybe wanna read another book with me? I mean, only if you want to-I don't wanna force you to read with me more cuz that wouldn't be nice if you didn't want to and- ...You still wanna read?" I ask slightly nervous. Why did I panic all of the sudden?! It was just a simple question, I shouldn't  be that nervous to ask V if she wanted to read more with me...It's only V, I shouldn't be nervous to ask if she wanted to hang out with me more, right..?

"I don't mind reading with you more..." V says as she softly blushes.

"Really?!" I say back excitedly. Yay!! She wants to hang out with me more! I've never felt so much happier!
~
[V's POV]

Looks like N really wanted me to read more with him, that's nice, I was gonna ask him if he wanted to read more too, but it looks like he beat me!~
N would jump up and down in his seat, he seems this excited, a little too excited, but I don't mind, it makes him look cute...
"Well can I choose the book this time N?"

I really want to choose a longer book, because it'll be interesting and I'll get to read more with N more often if I choose a chapter book.

N would nod, he looks content and it's me choosing a book to read together, I hope he doesn't care about what book I choose.

I would then walk over to a large book self nearby and look at a few book titles, trying to find a book that both N and me would like, N would look at me choosing a book. At last, I would find the perfect book and pull it out of the book shelf.
~
V would hold the book in her hands happily, and walk back over to N, holding the book in front of his face.

[N's POV]
I would see V grab a book and hold it to my face. It's a book I've never seen before, it looks like it has more pages than the books that I read. But the title looks interesting, so I don't mind.

"I-Is this book okay, N?" V asks nervously, I know she really wants to read the book she's holding.

"It looks interesting! Great choice V!" I smile as V smiles back.

"Well I would read it with you now, but it's getting pretty late now.." N says quietly. That's a little sad, I would've really loved to read more, but it's alright...
"I'll be right back N!" V says as she leaves the library.
~
V would slowly walk out the library, it doesn't look like she's in a rush to do something.

[V's POV]
I don't really remember why I wanted to leave the library in the first place, I guess I just wanted to walk around for a few seconds.

I would quietly walk around parts of the mansion, as I overhear two humans talking about something.

"So I heard they're holding a dance here, am I correct?"
The other adult replies, "I guess so, apparently sometime next week."

What was that?

A dance..?
~
End of part 1

(Hey, Leafeon here, I'm trying to figure out on how I should write this story. I'm thinking of writing in POV's more, as you get to read more about how the characters are feeling, but let me know what you like :p bye :3) *also sorry if this chapter also felt short (01-24-24: I just fixed some spelling mistakes in this chapter)