𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘽𝙇𝘼𝘾𝙆 𝙎𝙒𝘼𝙉

"Do you know the tale of Persephone Ignis, the Black Swan?"

A Black Swan event is
a high impact catastrophe
that is unpredictable,
but inevitable once
looked back on.

Panem should have
seen the snap of Persephone
Ignis, doll controlled
and manipulated by
Coriolanus Snow, coming
from the moment she
bent and succumbed
to his will.

Before the Black Swan,
Persephone Ignis is
a tamed flame who
follows the rules and
strives to be something
great and glorious.

Fire falls under the spell of snow.

She consumes every
last pomegranate seed
before she realizes her
deadly mistake.

But Ignis endures.

Ignis prevails.

author's note: i came here to write this after i watched the movie, but i read the book a few months ago and will probably read it again now to refresh my memory. i'll most likely follow the movies more and include some scenes from the book because i have no idea how other authors write direct dialogue and scenes from books. even with movies i just keep pausing to write what happened or what the characters are saying, it must be a nightmare to hold a book open and copy things down.

i know some people may hate me for writing this since snow is such a huge asshole who kills a bunch of people, but i'm trying my best to not romanticize him or his actions and if i do i completely apologize. I'm doing what I think is my best work, writing toxic and abusive relationships, and feeding the starved young coryo fans (and also me.)

when i came up with the idea of using greek goddess persephone's story of being tricked and trapped by hades and making her resent the rest of olympus, i knew i had to write it out. i know there is another character in the book named persephone price and i think she shares interactions or is talked about by coryo, but we're just going to pretend she does not exist and not really mention her. i do apologize for the copy of the name, but the story of persephone aligns incredibly well with the character i am trying to craft and i know how symbolic names are in the hunger games universe.

there are many scenes and instances of manipulation by snow! he is very abusive of his power over persephone and this may be triggering to some people! just warning you if you are triggered by things like it, i suggest you please proceed with caution or abandon reading this book. i don't want anyone to get hurt by this fic and this is purely because i love storytelling and writing these crazy ideas.

that being said, coryo will be an asshole in this book. he will not be a good person, he may be ooc a few times, but i will try to write him as accurate as I can. There will be a few moments, especially in the beginning with part one when he is not completely batshit crazy where he will care and (maybe?) love persephone but this is not a nice love story. it's a tragedy of pain and suffering. they will have their moments of happiness, but really just have sad and depressing periods of an abusive partner and the break down of a human being with emotions and a soul.

anyways, there are probably going to be inaccurate pieces of information because i have not read the original trilogy and if they are wrong please correct me, some parts of the plot are going to be changed in order to fit in persephone's character and influence, and if things go well with this fic, there will probably be sequels and such to continue the story.

i hope everyone enjoys reading this fic and i don't lose motivation, please don't be a ghost reader and comment and vote, it really helps my motivation to write. love you all!