Chapter 2 : Demon

Kyoka POV

"What the hell is that thing?" I thought. It was feasting on humans like it was something casual. "Are you three human?" it asked. Nobody answered. I waited, kunai in hand. It attacked. Launching its whole body at Tanjiro. As it passed, I stuck one of my kunai knives in the side of its body causing it to laugh. This confused me. "Why on earth would it laugh at being wounded?" Tanjiro pulled his hatchet out slicing a deep wound into the demon's neck. This only made it laugh even more.

"A hatchet? Not bad kid. The wound should heal at any moment though. See, the wound's already healing." He sneered. "I've got to do something, or Tanjiro will be torn to pieces like the others!" I looked around frantically to see where my kunai knife had gone. "Crap! He didn't pull it out of his side! Tanjiro's gonna die if I don't do something!" My legs wouldn't move. I knew I had to do something, but I didn't know what. But just then Nezuko moved as quick as the wind and kicked the demon's head off. Tanjiro and I exchanged glances.

"Was it dead?" No. "I knew one of you was a demon!" Its head shouted. "How is it still alive!?" This was impossible. There was no way it could still be alive. Its body was standing up too! Its body was kicking and clawing at Nezuko, and the head had grown arms, charging Tanjiro. The body was chasing Nezuko into the woods. I threw my remaining kunai knife into the demon's head and said "Tanjiro! Go help Nezuko with the body! I'll take care of the head." Tanjiro flung the hatchet at a tree, trapping the demon. He ran after Nezuko.

I walked over to the demon who was struggling to get out. I pulled my kunai knife out of its head. "Who do you answer to? Surely, you're not the only demon." "I can't tell you anything and even if I could, I wouldn't tell you anything." The demon scoffed. I rolled my eyes. "And why can't you tell me?" I replied. Before the demon could answer though, Tanjiro and Nezuko came back. "He brought my kunai knife back!" I smiled. "Here's your kunai knife." He said. I took it and stuck it back into my makeshift blade holder.

Tanjiro POV

"I wasn't sure if you wanted to kill it yourself," Kyoka said. "I will" I replied. I unsheathed the knife I had and wondered how I was to go about this. "You won't kill it like that." An unfamiliar voice said. I turned and a man with a tengu mask was standing behind me. Kyoka and Nezuko were nowhere in sight. "How am I supposed to kill it then?" "Use your brain." He replied. I looked down to see a stone beside me, and I picked it up. "I'll have to crush its skull then. It will surely suffer. Isn't there any other way to do this?" I thought. Just then the sun began to rise, and the demon turned to dust right before my eyes. "No wonder Nezuko hates the sun!" I turned to go find her and Kyoka.

They were both back in the shrine resting. Nezuko was in her basket and Kyoka was sharpening her kunai. "Some guy showed up," I said before going outside. Kyoka got up and followed, clearly confused by what I meant.

"There's two of you?" the man asked. I nodded my head in acknowledgment. "Very well then. I am Sakonji Urokodaki. I assume you are the one Giyu told me about." He said. "Yes. I am Tanjiro Kamado, and this is my friend Kyoka Hayashi, and my sister is Nezuko." I replied. "Tell me Tanjiro what you would do if your sister ate someone." 

"Come to think of it... I don't know." I thought. Urokodaki slapped me. "You are too indecisive! You will never be able to finish off a demon before sunrise! Once your sister eats someone you must kill her and then slit your belly and die. That is what it means to travel with your sister who has become a demon!" He said. Kyoka stood there as if she was too intrigued by his words to say anything. "Do you understand?" he asked. "Yes!" I replied.

-Mini Timelapse-

Kyoka POV

We were all running towards a mountain. The Urokodaki guy was ahead of us though. "How is he so fast!?" I wondered. We ran along the path for some time and as the sun set, we came to a small house. "Was this the test Urokodaki mentioned earlier?" Tanjiro asked the same question, but this time aloud. "No of course not! Both of your tests are about to start." Urokodaki said this with a laugh. Tanjiro placed the basket Nezuko was in, down and we began to climb the mountain. After a bit, we reached the starting point of the test. "Make it down the mountain before sunrise and you will pass the test," Urokodaki said. He disappeared in the thick fog and our test began. Me and Tanjiro's sense of smell was strong so finding our way down would be easy. Just one problem. All the traps Urokodaki placed. The air was thin on the mountain and running was the only option. Rocks and logs were flying everywhere. We were whacked every step of the way. But as the sun began to rise, we made it.

 But as the sun began to rise, we made it