prelude.

three years ago.

Troie began to get dressed for her date with her boyfriend Bishop tonight.

he was taking her out for Valentine's Day and told her to dress her best for him.

Troie brushed her teeth and fixed her skirt as she shook her butt in the mirror.

" You getting thick girl ." She said to herself smacking her butt in the mirror.

"Bitch what is you doing ? " said her friend Jaliyah peeking her head through the door.

Troie stood up embarrassed. "You scared me JJ. I was getting dressed to go with B. "

Jaliyah laughed. " You look sexy girl , I wish my nigga was taking me out the fuck."

Troie laughed. "What is Eli doing anyway ? "

"Girl at practice as usual. But enough about me and my man , is you and bishop ready to tie the knot ? Get married now shit." Said JJ sitting on Troie's bed.

Troie looked at her friend and it's a stank face. "Me and Bishop are still kids we ain't nun but seventeen and we still in high school and....."

Troie trailed off hearing her phone ding.

She looked at it seeing a random number pop up.

She thought nothing of it grabbing her other black Givenchy boot.

"Why you stop talking I was listening." Said JJ frowning.

"Sorry my phone had went off but like I was saying me and Bishop are still young that's all." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"Girl get the hell with that shit for you make me mad . He still cheating ? Want me ball his ass up ? You know I will." Said JJ getting from off the bed.

Troie laughed at her bestfriend as she's always defending her.

Bishop and Troie's relationship hasn't always been easy as they've always fought and argued with each other.

It didn't matter what time or what place they would always argue and every time Troie would try to get her point across she'd be "mad bugging " .

But Troie loved Bishop no matter what but he wouldn't stop what he was doing.

"No he isn't cheating , but he's taking forever to come." Troie groaned hearing her phone ding again with the same random number.

She picked up her phone seeing images of Bishop and a girl kissing each other and videos of them kissing.

She looked at the phone in horror rewatching the videos over and over.

"What's wrong Em ? " said JJ grabbing the phone watching the video for herself.

JJ sucked her teeth blocking Bishop from everything for Troie as Troie began to cry.

"Don't cry about him , he ain't shit he'll never be." Said JJ giving her friend a tight hug trying to make everything seem better.

To Troie it felt like her world had shattered into pieces and she learned something that day.

That Bishop'll never change.