Chapter 27

So about three days ago I woke up in Natasha's arms and while we wear having breakfast with clint and the twins I got a message from Fury

One-eyed Mace Windu:

I want you at shield ASAP
Coulson will drive you

I didn't care to respond since Fury already sounded angry instead I excused myself quickly, saying Coulson wanted to take me somewhere and got ready.

I chose a simple black jeans with a black turtleneck top and my favorite sneaker and a bag.
When I got to the main entrance Phil was already waiting and judging by his face whatever this is about was serious.
"You ready?" I checked if the small knife in my pocket was still there and nod as it was.
"What is this about? If even you are stressed it's serious but then why call me not someone older"
"Get in" he pushed me into the car and got onto the driver seat "it is serious but Fury says you're most qualified for this right now. Don't ask for what, Y/N, Nick will tell you everything you need to know" I nod, not sure what to say as he answered my first question before even asking.
The drive was short but still in an uncomfortable silence.

In the Shield building everykne looked at me a bit strange but that's mainly cause I'm young and they've never seen me or last saw me when I was much younger.

As Phil and I entered Fury's office he gestured to the chairs on his opposite "Sit down."
We did. The tension was thick and I felt all three eyes on me.
"Y/N."
"Fury. How can I help?" I asked, actually curious about what's about to come.
He placed a box infront of me.
"In there is a piece technology. It's supposed to hack into almost everything, door locks, safes, computer passwords - things like that." I nod
"It should work similar to those spider cams you coded a while ago - thanks for giving us a few of them by the way, our agent has one of them with her as well - but our problem is that this thing doesn't work right now. She managed to send us hers, it's inside the box, but we don't have another available right now since there are only three prototypes. If she doesn't get it back soon it may not just cause her mission to fail but also cost her life. That's why you're here. These spider thing seem to work...good. You're father is most of the time busy with other things, as I said you made the spider cams by yourself and let's just say that I and your father don't have the greatest relationship. As you may know. To make it short: We need you to repair this thing. The one who made them is on a mission himself and you seem to be the best qualified we have right now."
I gulped but nod again. "But I gotta say, the spider cams took months to work almost perfect. So how long do I have to get this"
I gestured to the box "working for at least two to three weeks"
"The agent has been on her own for 24 hours. She needs more data and needs this to get out of the facility she's in. Let's say two days would be great but four is realistic. But you need to do it as fast as possible because if her cover blows up-"
"She's dead, yeah I know. Last question: Who's the agent we talk about?"
"Laura. Barton's and Romanoff's former informant, they still have a good relationship. That's also why you won't talk about this to anyone. You'll get the job done and call me. After that you can talk to the others about it."
I nod once again, grabbed the box and Phil drove me quickly back to the tower.
I met Laura twice and she seemed really nice. She's a good friend of Natasha amd Clint and the three of us went bowling with Maria one evening.

I rushed to my room, changed into more comfortable clothes and went directly to the lab to clear my desk and unpack the box.

Last thing I did was to grab a coffee and a Red Bull before getting my tools and my laptop for the code.
But before I could even start the lab door opened and I heard a bunch of people walking down the stairs
"Hey kiddo, what's going on?" my dad asked.
"Nothing, gotta do something for Fury and he needs it ASAP so please get out of here I need to concentrate."
"Hey are you sure, that everything is alright?" The question came from Natasha and Clint looked at me searching for any hints.
"Yes. And now get out please. Everyone."
I threw the box somewhere behind myself and took a look at my mysterious technology. 'Somehow not working' was a nice way for saying that this thing probably got smashed a couple times. I sighed. Let's go.

I extraced the aluminum shell and the splinters but even that took me four hours since I didn't want to destroy even more than already was. According to that it's now around 5/5:30 pm of the first day. Fury texted me at ten, we drove 1h 15 min to him and needed 45 minutes back to the tower, we talked with Fury for an hour. Checking the clock behind me I was right, it's 05:20.
I distraced the broken display and cut out the wires connecting it to the platine.
I carefully extracted the chip that should withhold the code and soldiered it to another platin, which I connected to my laptop. I started my backup program and tried to get as much of the code as possible. While my laptop worked in the background I took a new, similar platine and recreated that one until my programm beeped.
I sighed. I only got even with JARVIS' help 30% of the code. I mean it was more than I expected based one the chip's look but it was way less than I hoped for. I'm gonna need at least twelve hours to recreate all platines, another 8 to 12 hours for the housing and at least 36 hours for the code. And I need to sleep at least once for two to three hours, otherwise my productivity will lower to a point where I need much longer. "Auuugh"
Please stay alive Laura. Please.

--------------
words: 1088

I don't have a plan if the tech part makes any sense, I barely remember a few things I learned about that at school but that's all.
Don't be mad if all of that is technically bullshit ✌️

Stay healthy and eat and drink enough 💜🩷