Wedding Day

Hello. I am Princess Y/N. I married Lady Diana Frances Spencer on July, 29th, 1981.

It was, without doubt, the best day of my life. Diana was drop dead gorgeous, like always. Her dress was beautiful, even though she spilt perfume on it.

As she walked down the aisle, she took my breath away.

I smiled at her.

Sure, our union was a little bit unconventional... due to us both being woman, but I loved her, truly and deeply, I love that woman so much.

As soon as she made it up the last step, I grabbed her hands.

The priest cleared his throat.

"Welcome family and friends. We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Y/N and Diana."

Diana smiled at you.

"This is not the beginning of a new relationship but an acknowledgment of the next chapter in their lives together. Y/N and Diana have spent years getting to know each other, and we now bear witness to what their relationship has become. Today, they will affirm this bond formally and publicly."

"Y/N and Diana will mark their transition as a couple not only by celebrating the love between themselves, but by also celebrating the love between all of us—including the love of their parents, siblings, extended family, and best friends. Without that love, today would be far less joyous."

Diana smiled at me again.

Her smile is so beautiful.

The priest continued.

"Do you Y/N Elizabeth Maragret Rose take Diana Frances Spencer to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto her till death do you apart?"

I smiled.

"I do"

"Do you Diana Frances Spencer take Y/N Elizabeth Maragret Rose to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto her till death do you apart?"

Diana smiled.

"I do"

The priest nodded.

"A ring is an unbroken circle, with ends that have been joined together, and it represents your union. It is a symbol of infinity, and of your infinite love. When you look at these rings on your hands, be reminded of this moment, your commitment, and the love you now feel for each other."

"Y/N, place the ring on Diana 's finger and repeat after me."

I looked at Diana with love.

"Diana, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

The priest nodded again.

"And now... [Name], place the ring on [Name]'s finger and repeat after me."

I pulled Diana closer to me.

"Diana, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

Diana looked up at me, her beautiful blue eyes full of love and excitement.

"Y/N and Diana, having witnessed your marriage vows in the eyes of God and before all who are assembled here, by the authority invested in me by the City of London, I pronounce you wife and wife."

"You may kiss the bride!"

I pulled Diana to me and kissed her deeply.

An hour later was the reception.

Diana stared at the cake.

"It's huge!"

I smiled at her excitement.

"And it's half chocolate, half vanilla."

Soon we cut the cake and Diana allowed me to feed it to her.

Unfortunately, the first time, I accidentally aimed for her nose instead of her mouth.

"Opps." I muttered.

Diana giggled. She was absolutely adorable.

I fed her the cake and we had a great time.

Later that night, we were cuddling for the first time as a married couple. Her head rested on my chest, and I stroked her hair. It was the best night ever.

Diana smiled, turning around to face me.

"We've known each other since we were 3. I can't believe we've come this far."

I held her tighter.

"Me either. And I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone but you. Your so much more than just my wife. You're my ally, my best friend, my soulmate, the love of my life."

Diana cuddled closer to me.

"I love you." she said, kissing me on the cheek.

I smiled at her.

"I love you too Di." I said, kissing her forehead.

And as we lay on our now shared bed, I couldn't feel happier.

End