01. The Dementor

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS.

Amos Diggory was accompanying his children, 16 year old Cedric and 13 year old Lucenya, to Platform 9 3/4 for their fifth and third years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Once both trunks were loaded, Amos turned to his children, "I want you two to be extra careful this year." He instructed, "Cenya, I want you to be especially vigilant. I don't want Sirius Black to take the chance to bring you to the rest of the You-Know-Who's followers."

Lucy nodded, "I'll be careful, Dad." She said and then smiled up at Syrax on her shoulder, "Besides, if he gets anywhere near me, Syrax will burn him alive and eat him."

Cedric wrapped his arm around his sister, "In addition to Syrax, Cenya has me."

The Diggory patriarch brought both of his children into a hug, "Avy jorrāelan. I love you both."

Both children echoed the sentiment. When the hug broke, Cedric and Lucy got onto the train.

"I'm going to find Luna." Lucy told her brother

He nodded, "Give Lu my love should you find her." He told her before going to find his friends

🐉

The spirit bound teen only had to search for her cousin for ten minutes before she found her. She slid open the door to the compartment and Luna looked up with a smile.

"Lulu!" Lucy greeted

"Hello Cenya, hello Syrax." Luna said

The dragon gave a sound of greeting to her rider's cousin and Lucy moved to give her younger cousin a hug, "Ced gives his love." She told the younger girl, "Are you excited about your second year?" She asked

The second year gave a serene smile, "With Sirius Black on the loose, I have no doubt that my second year will be as interesting as yours was."

The revived girl snorted, "Cedric will be the one left out. He says nothing interesting happened until Harry Potter came to Hogwarts."

As the cousins chatted, the rain thickened as the trains bed yet farther north; The windows were now a solid, shimmering gray, which gradually darkened until the lanterns flickered into life all along The corridor isn't over the luggage racks. The train rattled, the rain hammered, and the wind roared.

"Danger."

Lucenya went quiet as she heard the voices. This caused Syrax to stand on her shoulder and look for the imminent danger as Luna looked at them curiously.

"A warning of danger." She told her cousin as she bit her lip

The Diggory girl moved to look out the inside to see if she could see anything that would make her recover the warning.

However, the window was starting to become covered in frost and the train started to slow down.

"Lu, do you have the time?" Lucy asked

Luna shook her head, "No, but it's too early for us to be at Hogwarts."

Lucy nodded in agreement. She moved to the door of the compartment and stuck her head out to see what was happening.

The other students had the same idea.

The train was getting slower and slower. As the noise of the pistons fell away, the wind and the rain sounded louder than ever against the windows.

"Stay here." Lucy instructed her cousin and left the compartment

She walked for a few moments before the train came to a stop with a jolt, and the distant thuds and bangs told her that the luggage had fallen out of the racks. Then, without warning, all the lamps went out and the train was plunged into total darkness.