Part 34

'Arey Jaan-e-Hyder, kya ho gaya?' teased Rafia, grinning at Naaziya.

'Bhabhi, aap mujhe pareshan mat kariye waise hi mood kharab hai mera.' she whined, dramatically slumping down on the plush couch. 'Dress kaun si lu?...Tum sab mein aachi lagogi Jaan. Hum destination wedding karein?...Jaisa tum chaho Jaan. Theme kya rakhe?...Tumhari pasand aachi hai, mujhse mat poocho Jaan. Jaan Jaan karke Jahanum pahuncha diya hai' she repeated her last few conversations with Hyder.

Sameer's laughter made her stop. 'Kya Bhabhi Jaaaaaan. Pehle complaint thi romantic nahi hai bhai, ab complaint hai romantic hai'

'Bhai, wo romantic nahi bahut shatir hai. Aise bol dete hai kyunki pata hai main romance mein lag jaungi aur mera mind divert karke wo apne office ke kaam mein.'

'Hard Luck, Naajiya. But mujhe abhi bhi lagta hai tum bhai se kuch bhi kara sakti ho, ye to chote mote kaam hai' Rafia sympathized with her.

'Ye baat to sach hai. Khair main jaati hu, aaj unko line pe na laya to mera naam bhi Jaan-e-Hyder nahi' she said pulling her imaginary collar. The room reverberated with her playful banter.

**

It was midnight; Naaziya was scanning through the channels on TV. She really wanted to talk to Hyder, so she kept waiting for him with droopy eyes. The soft glow of the television cast a cozy ambiance in the room. She rubbed her eyes trying to let go of the sleep when she heard the clicking sound of the door opening.

'Hyder, koi itni der tak office karta hai?' she whined while yawning. The room felt hushed, enveloped in a late-night tranquility.

'Itni late kyu jagi ho Nazzo?' He asked, the concern in his voice echoed.

'Apka wait kar rahi thi. Patah ai kitni need aa rahi mujhe' she complaint with a pout.

'Arey mera baby' he cooed pulling her cheeks.

'Aahaan, mat kariye. Aap fresh ho jao, main khana nikal rahi'.

'Arey wah, biwi hone ki training le rahi kya? Main khana nikal rahi' he mimicked playfully.

'Izzat raas nahi aa rahi hai naa' she said annoyed.

'Meri choti si biwi, aap please kuch naa karein. Aap kitchen mein jayengi to mujhe ek ghanta lag jayega sab theek karne mein. Aap idhar soyein, main khana nikal kar aata hu' he replied.

Though she didn't like the sound of it but agreed as it was true, after all, she still is a trainee under her mother for cooking. Hyder joined her after few mins with a plate of food in his hand.

'Tumne khaya?' he casually asked.

'Aur kya' she replied with a frown as if it was one of the most stupid questions that could be asked.

'Ok. Mujhe laga itna wait ho raha hai to shayad khana bhi naa khaya ho' Hyder joked.

'Hahaha, very funny' she scoffed 'Waise main aapko ye batane ke liye wait kar rahi ki main aapse gussa hu'.

Hyder stopped eating and looked at her surprised 'Yaar, ab maine kya kiya. Savere tak to sab theek tha?'

'Yahi ki aap kuch nahi kar rahe' she said irritated 'Sirf akele meri shaadi nahi hai, aapki bhi hai. Kuch kar hi nahi rahe aap'

'Main karu kya? color, dress, decoration, events tumne decide karna hai. Meri pasand ki wajah se change hua to tumko shayad pasand naa aaye. And I want everything to be as per your choice' He replied calmly.

'Kyu aapko aapni pasand ka kuch nahi chahiye?' she asked annoyed.

'Biwi meri pasand ki hai; Baaki sab biwi ki pasand ka hai' he replied with a smirk.

Naaziya's brain wanted to fight but her poor heart melted. The poor heart of Putli-e-Hyder.

**************************************************

Finally, the day had arrived when Naaziya would become Hyder's. The past year had been a tumultuous journey, a struggle not only for Hyder but also within the confines of their relationship. However, today, it all felt worthwhile. Hyder stood by her side, genuinely happy. At least he had relinquished the fear that he would only bring her pain. Though there was still a long way to go, he was now open to love and ready to confront his fears.

Her musings were interrupted by a knock on her door, and she saw her father entering the room. The revelation from the past month had strained her relationship with him.

'Kitni badi ho gayi meri beti,' Areeb said, patting his daughter's head. 'Apne Abbu ko maaf nahi karogi?' he asked, unable to contain his emotions. Even though she was marrying his nephew, today marked her departure. The 'rukhsati' would be real.

'Apne mere saath kuch galat kiya hi nahi hai. Main kaun hoti hu aapko maaf karne waali,' she replied, a little more coldly than she intended.

Areeb broke into sobs. His princess, the girl whom he loved more than his life, was angry. She wasn't talking to him on her wedding day, and she would move out afterward. How could he mend their relationship?

Naaziya immediately felt guilt and moved to hug her father. 'I am sorry Abbu. Main aapse sach much gussa nahi hu, bas thodi disappointed hu. Aap mere hero hai, aapne kabhi kuch galat nahi kiya tha, kissi ka galat saath nahi diya tha. Uss din pehli baar aapko galat side pe dekh kar yakeen hi nahi hua. Sorry, maine aapke saath bahut bura behave kiya.'

'Nahi beta. Bada hoon, but galti to hui hai mujhse. Shayad main jitna bhi claim kar lu par mera pyar Hyder ke liye kam pad hi gaya. Khandan ki izzat aur Hyder mein maine izzat ko chuna. Agar tumhare ya Mobeen ke saath aisa hota to shayad mera faisla kuch aur hota.'

'Main samajhti hu Abbu; Ye asan choice nahi thi. Apne hamesha Hyder ka saath diya, unhe protect kiya. I should be thankful for it. Bas mere andar bahut gussa tha, aur maine apno pe nikal diya. It's just that hum apno se hi umeed karte hai aur unpe hi gussa.'

'Kya tum sach much ghar chhod ke hamesha ke liye jaoge?' he asked hopefully after they clarified. She nodded her head with sadness.

'Yahi sahi hai Abbu. Hyder ko is mahaul se door le jana hai, yahaan woh hamesha dusro ki sochte rahenge, main chahti hu woh ab khud ki khushi pe dhyan de. He deserves to live a happy life, Abbu. Can we not be selfish for him, shayad this is how we redeem for our mistakes.'

Areeb wiped his tears, nodding his head in understanding. 'I am proud of you. I may have failed as an uncle, but you've proven to me that I have succeeded as a father,' he said with pride in his eyes. Kissing her forehead, he moved out of the room. The emotional weight lingered in the air as Naaziya prepared for the significant step she was about to take.

******************************************

Hey, fabulous folks! Apologies for the mini hiatus—I blame it on a sudden surge of laziness. But fear not! I'm back. Let's turn those frowns into smiles, with a promise of two updates in a week.