Holy empire

After a couple weeks, Satoru finally leaves England and moves on to the next place.

Back to the cardinal world.

Chloe was sitting in a normal chair behind a desk.
Currently she was sitting in front of stacks of paper so high they were almost touching the ceiling.
Chloe sighed in exhaustion and murmured
"Now I know why Rimuru always complained about this work. It's tedious and never ending."

Chloe looked at the right tower and was a little happy to see that it was already finished, she then saw the left tower again and immediately scowled, it was at that moment, one of the more important people walked in with a new stack of papers.
"Chloe-sama, here are extra papers."
Chloe clicked her tongue and asked "Where do all of these come from, it's like there are an infinite amount of them?" The secretary looked at her and calmly replied "It's because the village is still in its beginning stages, once we develop some more, a lot for this work will no longer be needed and can be sorted between the others."

Chloe watched her secretary leave the office and questioned herself on why she did this in the first place. She wanted to follow Rimuru's dream and create a peaceful world, but Satoru is still alive and thus she just needs to go back as fast as possible.

Chloe had also questioned when she became the head of the town, she had named these monsters in a way that would make it obvious who was the leader, she had even appointed them as the leaders and council who made all the decisions.
Yet the moment she dropped by the town, they immediately dragged her inside, showed her around a little and gave her the work.

Chloe didn't even want her current position, it didn't leave her with any free time, and the little she had was spent on eating and sleeping.
Chloe really just wanted to quit, she didn't have a reason to remain here either.

The next morning when her secretary walked back in with a new stack of papers, Chloe finished up her last paper and then slapped it on the desk.
Her secretary placed the new stack of papers onto her desk and then saw Chloe leaving the office.
She quickly asked "Where are you going? There is still work to do." Chloe looked back at her and said "I'm not the ruler though, I just named you people."
The secretary was stumped and asked "Then why did you do it to begin with?" Chloe still looked at her and said "Because you people forced me. But I don't want to be the leader or the ruler. I just want peace and unity."
The secretary fell onto her knees and could only watch as Chloe left the building and walked out the gates.

The council stormed into the office within minutes of her departure and bombarded her with questions and demanding an explanation.
That was until a young looking one found the paper on the desk and read it in front of everyone.

"Hello council, you're probably reading this when I'm already gone, so I'm here to tell you exactly why I left .

For starters, I didn't want to be the ruler or leader of you people, I just wanted to have all the races and species work together and form a bond of unity.
The rules I established weren't for the creation of this mixed town, but instead, personal morals.

The second reason is that despite that, you still forced me into the position and dumped all your work on me. Don't pretend you didn't do it, I've got papers delivered to my office which were specifically for you people of the council.

And the last is that I have no reason to remain here.
I have no interest in developing this town and have no interest in how you lead it.
I'm just gonna travel and save as many as possible."

The council was sheepish at being found out, but also disappointed in themselves for their actions.
They were also mad at one another for this.

The secretary immediately stormed out of the office and ran behind Chloe to try and catch up to her.
After all, her loyalty didn't belong to the council or town, but to Chloe and Chloe alone.