Point of View: 3 Little Pigs-Wolf POV

I duck behind a thick, tall tree as I hear their footsteps approach.
One..two...three..
I count the three short, stout piggies in my mind as they pass by my hiding spot, the setting sun casting their elongated shadows along the path they walk. As expected, they turn into a small clearing in the heart of the forest, where they had finished building their three little homes the day before; the youngest's was made of straw, the middle composed of some thin, brittle sticks stuck together with some mud, and the oldest's house was crafted from bricks and mortar.
My stomach rumbles.
The oldest pig, who also happens to be the tallest, halts, tilting his head in my direction.
"Did you guys hear that?"
My heart pounds as I watch the other two stop, a few steps ahead of him.
"Hear what?" the shortest, asked, turning to face his brother. "I ain't hear nothin'."
The middle doesn't speak. Instead, she rolls her eyes, crossing her arms impatiently.  I duck a little further behind the tree as the oldest scans the forest surrounding them.
"Maybe we should just get inside. It's getting dark," the oldest straightens his posture, clearing his throat. "And you all really should spend the night in my house until you completely finish yours. Yours probably aren't even stable enough to withstand some rainy weather." he says it more as a command than a question. I shake my head, growing impatient now.
"Our houses are completely fine, thank you." the middle grumbles.
"Yeah, quit the bossin'. It's gettin' on my nerves."
Yes...I whisper.
The oldest grunts, clearly concerned and frustrated for his siblings. "Fine, then. Whatever. But, if you two feel unsafe, don't hesitate to-"
"We know." the two assert in unison.
"We'll be just fine now," the youngest grumbled. "'preciate the concern."
I observe as they start on their separate paths, their houses a few yards from one another. Now. I slowly creep out from my hiding spot, suppressing the urge to run for them. I lurk in the shadows casted by the trees and bushes around me, making sure they won't see me through their dimly lit windows.
The most obvious attack would be the youngest, who'd so foolishly and ignorantly built his house from straw. A grave mistake on his end, but a rewarding one for myself. I slowly amble towards his abode, crouching once I arrive to the side. But, I can't just burst in and kill him; if he hears me, that gives him too much opportunity to run or hide...
Suddenly, an idea comes to mind. It's so obvious now; I'll knock on the door, act like an innocent neighbor or passerby or such, and attack him when he least expects it. The cool night air around me is buzzing with anticipation, with excitement, with hunger. Raw and undeniable hunger.
I snap back to reality, inhaling sharply before composing myself. I straighten my posture, approaching the short door. The door, made only of a sheet that has been secured to the poor excuse for a frame, ruffles softly in the night breeze. It's almost entirely dark, but a dim light shines out from behind the sheet. I can hear the little piggy shuffling around, likely getting ready for bed. Unsuspecting.
"Knock knock, anybody home?" I ask sweetly, faking a wide smile.
A moment of silence rests in the air.
"'Ello?" an accented voice comes from the other side of the sheet. "Someone over there, or am I hearin' things?"
"Oh no, you heard just right. May I come in?"
"...why?"
I pause, my hunger forming impatience.
"I...I've lived here for a while now, and I notice that you just moved in here! I just wanna make some friendly, neighborly conversation, y'know?"
"At this hour?"
"Why, of course! I know you're out and about quite often, I just wanted to...catch you while I could."
Silence pierces the air between us. The tense suspicion thickens the air.
"Nah, sir, how 'bout I just catch you tomorrow? I ain't talk to strangers at night."
He's catching on.
I chuckle softly. "You know... this door is awfully...flimsy. Delicate. A poor choice in material, if you ask me. I might just huff and puff and blow your little straw house down. I don't want to go that far, though, so why not just let me come on in?" I grumble.
"Sir, I'd advise you not." He replies, as if it's a threat.
"Haha, but oh, whatever would you do about it if I did? You're entirely defenseless, y'know. I'm getting impatient."
"Shut your mouth, you dirty wolf scum."
His words slice through my very soul, triggering a switch somewhere within me that I never knew existed. Any attempt to disguise my motives has been completely crushed, demolished, warped into blinding fury.
"You little...."
I cackle, anger and hunger pulsing through my mind, uncontrollable. I inhale loudly, filling my lungs to the rim with air, and I blow.
The sheet comes loose.
Deep breath,
Exhale.
The straw bends in.
Deep breath,
Exhale.
The straw breaks, wobbling to the floor. I hear a yelp, which is cut off by the sound of various twigs, straw, and other building materials pelting the pig. Pieces of straw twirl and fly in the wind, frantically scrambling away from me. I growl, immediately diving into the rubble. I tear the pig out from under the pile of straw. I uncover him, and see that debris has found its way into his mouth and nose, restricting his breathing. His cheeks are wet with tears, and he's kicking his legs, thrashing, slowly suffocating.
"Let me make this easier for you, little guy." I stare into his small, beady, pathetic eyes, full of pure panic, before sinking my teeth into his neck. He thrashes and twitches about for a few more seconds, before he goes limp. The cruel, metallic taste of blood, warm and fresh, floods my taste buds. But, I can't eat yet; I have a job to finish. I securely clench my jaw around his neck, dragging him behind the tree I previously hid behind.
I turn 180* on my heel, strolling innocently towards the next house, made of sticks. The middle sibling's house. I slowly amble towards her abode, crouching once I arrive to the side. I can almost taste it now: deep-fried pork chops..bacon...ham sandwiches...roasted pig...drool drips down my muzzle.
I snap back to reality, sighing readily before composing myself. I straighten my posture, approaching the short door. Beams of light peek out through the gaps between the sticks, mud, and bark that make up the door. Her figure is visible through the small, dimly lit window; her back is turned towards the door. She can't see me. I move away from the window, making sure I'm not visible from her perspective, before I lift one of my dirty paws and knock on the door.
Silence.
I rap my fist against the door, eager. I notice now that it's flimsy, as if it would break if I knocked just a bit harder.
I hear shuffling, and a silhouette comes into view, blocking some of the light from shining through the gaps in the door. A pair of small, dark eyes peeks through one of the larger gaps.
"...Can I help you?" An unsure voice comes from behind the door, slightly muffled.
"Yes...you see, I've been lost, stranded here while I was off on a hike... I couldn't help but notice your quaint home here...dear stranger, would you be so kind as to let me stay the night?" I ask in the most disgustingly sweet, innocent voice I can possibly muster. If I speak any sweeter, I might give myself a cavity, I think.
"I'm sorry, but I don't know you, sir. I can't help you."
I crouch down to her level, making eye contact with her.
"But of course you can. I promise, I won't be of any trouble, please, let me stay just one night, I've been stranded here for days."
A few moments of silence. No response. I find myself growing impatient now. I hear some more shuffling, and the lights go off. Her shadow and her eyes are no longer visible.
"Come on, now. I don't bite."
The silence buzzes in my ears. I press my head up against the door, listening for noise.
"Hey now, little piggy. Let me in. I don't want to use force now. We can be friends, you know. Please, ma'am, just let me in..."
My stomach growls. The air around me grows thick with impatience.
"Y'know..." I chuckle, "this little home of yours is so weak...I could probably just huff and puff and whoosh...I'd blow your house down."
After a few moments of tense silence linger in the air.
"...go away."
I laugh, taking a deep breath.
"You know, I tried to play nice, but you're upsetting me. My friends always told me I got an iron lung. You wanna test that theory?"
"You know, I could get my brothers right now, and they'd beat some sense into you. They'll...they'll make you regret coming around here."
"You know you can't," I chuckle mockingly, "this door is your only exit. You're trapped."
"If you had any reason in you, you'd know that you should get out now."
"You know I won't. You had your chance, I'm done being reasonable." I growl.
I cackle, anger and hunger pulsing through my mind, uncontrollable. I inhale loudly, filling my lungs to the rim with air, and I blow.
The door wobbles.
Deep breath,
Exhale.
The mud cracks.
Deep breath,
Exhale.
A shriek comes from behind the door as the mud holding it together cracks, shattering into chunks on the ground, sticks and twigs and leaves and bark toppling over with it. The soft, innocent grass takes all of the impact, silencing the clatter of wood on the ground. One wall falls, leading another wall to topple, and the last two fall over. Within seconds, the feeble house is completely demolished.
I spot her immediately. Her small figure whimpers, struggling to her feet, as she steadies herself, clearly disoriented. Before I know it, my blinding malnourishment sends me dashing towards her, and I'm on top of her. Yes. I sink my teeth into her neck. One more squeal escapes from her lips before the cruel, metallic taste of blood, warm and fresh, floods my taste buds. But, I can't eat yet; I have a job to finish. My hunger–although it's scratching at the walls of my stomach, demanding its release–can wait. I securely clench my jaw around her neck, dragging her behind the tree to rest beside her fallen brother. I lick my lips, giddy with excitement and anticipation for my next meal.
Two down, one to go.
The last house, belonging to the oldest, stands sturdily compared to its fallen counterparts; it's composed fully of brick and cement. That intelligent little...I look upwards, inspecting the building before me. Blackout curtains drawn over the windows, the wooden door has a keyhole, the roof is made of shutters...then I see it—a chimney! Easy access...I don't even have to make myself seen or heard...I chuckle.
I crouch low to the ground, approaching the side of the house. Light peers out through the curtain, and inside, I can see a tall, slim pig tending to a kettle. He's distracted. I avert my eyes to the wall before me. The uneven bricks allow me some ground to scale the wall. I nod to myself, digging my claws into the brick, at war against gravity as I trek upwards, determined.
I reach atop the shuttered roof, doing my best to prevent slipping and tumbling down. I can't hurt myself now, when I'm so close to finishing off the last of my prey...
Battling with gravity as it tries to send me to the ground, I crawl carefully towards the short chimney. Each step is carefully calculated, bringing me closer and closer to my goal.
Finally, I reach the chimney. I sit on the edge, my head buzzing with thoughts, excitement and hunger fogging my senses. I place my back on one side of the chimney, my legs on the wall opposite of me, and I climb down carefully, trying to make the least amount of noise possible. I stop about halfway through, when the unmistakably musty stench of smoke hits my nose.
What the-?
the worst of my fears is confirmed when I risk a glance down beneath me to see a boiling pot of water sitting over a blazing flame, the smoke assaulting my nose and eyes so that tears wet my cheeks.
Oh my god...Curse that little piggy!
In my sudden panic, all sense of reasoning is clouded by the smoke billowing through the chimney. I use all of my strength to scramble my way back upwards.
A crack.
My heart drops.
My paws slip as a chunk of brick plummets down the chimney.
A scream escapes from my mouth as I lose my grip, my heart pounding faster than I knew possible.
The cruel force of gravity yanks me down into the deathtrap of heat below, smoke obstructing my vision so I can't see my own fate.
KERPLASH!
I plunge into the scalding water, my skin screaming in scorching agony.
My body is filled with numbness. Dull, rampant numbness.
Numbness seeps into my mind, filling my vision with darkness.
And then, there is cold.
And then, there is nothing