𝐢𝐯. love shoulda brought you home. 2pac.

🗞️ *     ◟   ❛ LOVE SHOULDA BROUGHT YOU HOME❜ ,   2PAC

2PAC.

Love shoulda brought you, brought you home last night. You shoulda been with me, shoulda been right by my side. Baby, If you cared anything for me. Then love woulda brought you to me last night.

Tionne was anything but foolish. The signs were there, she could sense it from a mile away. The question is why?

They've been the thickest of thieves since they were teenagers and she supported him all through his underground days so why now that someone has come into the picture he want to act differently?

With money comes new girls she supposes. But what's so wrong with someone being faithful?

She knew that he snuck back into bed, feeling the edge dip before sensing his body next to hers. Tionne also did know that he was meeting Stephanie on business regarding his next single but knew that something was up.

Morning came with Tionne getting up bright and early before the older man, making sure that she was in the right mind space to ask him what she wanted to ask him.

She understood that he was a star on the rise, she realized it from the moment she saw how girls would flock toward him but the only thing she wanted to know was why. Why lie?

The atmosphere was quiet amongst the two adults as Tupac walked over to the refrigerator, the robe he had on from the night prior was still on him as he opened it, proceeding to grab orange juice.

Tionne simply shook her head and brought her attention back to the magazine she was reading "So, how'd it go last night?" She asks breaking through the thick silence, the sound of her flipping through the pages seemed to do all the talking.

"It was okay." He answers with a shrug, not wanting to emphasize the moment despite knowing more than just okay happened.

"It was just okay? It must've gone pretty well since you didn't come home until the middle of the night." Her voice was calm...way too calm and the fact that she seemed only curious made things worse.

Closing the fridge behind him Tupac answers "I went for a walk afterward so I can sort some things out in my head."

What kind of excuse was that? If you're going to lie at least make it sound reasonable.

Closing the magazine she places it on the counter "Like the fact that you're still in love with Stephanie right?"

Not wanting to admit the truth he answers yet again "Tionne I saw the woman and a bunch of stuff that was in me that was still there came out, things happened—there's certain things that you just don't have no control of alright."

"Really? Like what? Since you're such a philosopher please tell me what is so hard to control." Crossing her arm she waits for him to answer.

"Love." And that is all it took for her to stand up and walk towards him.

"What do you know about love? Huh? What do you possibly think you know about love? I am sick and tired of men using love like it's the scapegoat to cover their asses, when in fact love shoulda' brought your ass home." Pointing a finger at his face she turns around and makes her way downstairs.

"Listen I'm sorry.—"

"I heard you say you're sorry. You're sorry and you're tired. I don't even know why I try. It's obvious that you don't love me, you don't love Stephanie, hell you don't even love yourself." Storming down the stairs she grabbed her coat.

"How could you say that I never cared about you? Stephanie says that I'm a better person now and I owe that all to you." Tupac knew that he wouldn't win this fight, it was a matter of time before things all came to blow.

Giving him a really? Look, with the swipe of her hand, it lands right across his cheek. Tupac's face harshly swings left.

"I'm gone." Was all she said turning around to grab her purse that just so happened to be on the chair "I'll get the rest of my things later."

Brushing past him Tionne heads straight for the door. Just as her door touches the knob she turns to face him just one more time "Lemme just tell you this, I may not be like Stephanie's stuck-up ass, but I got one thing she doesn't—a heart. And you know the bad thing about having a heart is that it gets broken by niggas like you."

"So do me a favor and fuck off." Opening the door, Tionne glances at him one last time before slamming it loudly.

All Tupac could do was stand there knowing that he lost the only person who truly loved him, and it'll take a couple of years for him to ever get it back.

𝖎. I've finally updated after so long. This is inspired by Boomerang and the scene where Halle Berry confronts Eddie Murphy and tells him the iconic line we all know and love. It's a little on the lackluster side but I tried. This also takes place circa 1992 before Pac got really big. Comment down your thoughts and lemme know what you think. Happy Thanksgiving!