Chapter 3

The adventures these two would have. Seeing things they have never seen before. Max felt like a leader! But they didn't know what being a leader truly meant. Along the long and windy path Max and Aria come across an abandoned campsite. Or so they thought.

"Wow look at all of this junk that someone has just left here." Max says as they kick a log next to the campfire. "Yeah, why do you think someone would just abandon their campsite like this?" Aria asks while picking up a bit of rubbish off the ground. "We should clean this place up." Max says walking over to the tent. They open the tent and take a peek inside when an arrow flies by Aria's head and gets lodged into the tree besides her. "WHAT THE FUCK!?" Aria shouts using her magic summoning his cloud utility weapon. Max turns around and looks at the battle-ready Aria. Running over to their best friend as they grab the ancestral sword out the the sheath and stands in front of Aria. "WHO'S THERE?!" Max shouts out towards the dense forest. "I can't see anyone. It's so dark. Where did the arrow come from?" Max whispers to Aria seeing the arrow stuck in the tree. "Over there I think." They say pointing discretely in the direction of where the arrow came from. The two warriors hold their positions ready for whatever comes out.

"I'M GIVING YOU ONE CHANCE TO MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN OR ELSE!" Max threatens with the sword held with both hands. "OK OK. I'M COMING OUT!" An unknown voice shouts, echoing all around the two. A thud can be heard and a shadow figure of a person appears from the trees. The figure put their hands above their head which calms the nerves of the two warriors but they don't let their guard down. the figure starts moving towards them. "This is my campsite. It is no abandoned. Just quickly ditched to not get spotted." The voice says. The first thing from the figure to show is the shiny silver chest play they were wearing. Then a shiny silver boot. Then the rest of the figure is revealed. "My name is Lily. I am an archer from a place far away." Lily says still getting closer to Max and Aria. She puts her hands down and grips her bow with one out of habit. "Stop right there!" Max shouts causing her to let go of the bow and obey the command. "That's far enough, we don't know if you're dangerous." Aria adds in, stepping nervously to the side of Max. "I-" Lily hesitates. "I am deeply sorry for shooting at you. Uhm. Normally people would just run away out of fear." She says grabbing her bow again. She takes if off of around her and throws it towards them. "There. Now I have no weapon to harm you. I-is that ok?"

Max looks at Aria and they both nod. "I guess that is alright." Max says putting their sword in the sheath. Aria keeps her weapon out. As they walk towards Lily, Max picks up the bow. "Wow, this bow looks so cool." They say holding it out for Lily. The bow sparkles as the colours of it moves and swirls around. "Yeah, it is cool too. This bow allows me to enchant any of my arrows to have any magic ability attached to it when shot." Liliy says as she takes the bow and puts it over her head. "It's been passed down from generation to generation." Lily says with slight sorrow. "I'm not supposed to have it, especially at this age. I'm only 16 years old. My-" Lily catches herself. <What the hell? Why am I opening up so much to these strangers? I don't even know them.> Lily thought to herself. She had never opened up to anyone in her life. But there was something about these two people that she crossed paths with. She takes a deep breath. "My apologies." She bows on one knee to Max and Aria, this confuses them. "I have never opened up so much to strangers before. People I meet don't even get to know my name." She says standing back up. "We must have a special touch on you then, hey?" Max jokes giggling. "That may be the case. I would appreciate it if you allow me to join your group? God Aurelia has caused us to cross paths for a reason and I must listen and follow the call given to me." Lily asked hopefully, waiting for an answer.

"Uhm. Let us talk about it first." Aria said knowing Max would jump to say yes. Aria grabs Max's arm and walks a little bit away. "Look, I know you're going to immediately jump at this and say yes but listen to me before you get ahead of yourself." Aria reasoned. Max nods "Fiiiine. What exactly are you going to say that ends in an obvious no?" Max asks rolling their eyes. "Hey! I never said I was going to say no. I just wanted to ask you if you think Lily is dangerous or if she is going to be a good asset to the group?" Aria questions. "I don't know, now that you say that. She could be dangerous but also she is a good asset." Max says thinking out loud. They have a quick discussion about this till they come up with a decision. They both turn back to Lily who was waiting anxiously. "You can join us!" Max shouts excitedly. Lily bows again. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Lily says appreciatively as she gets back up. "You will not regret this." She says before dashing to her tent as she starts to clean up her campsite. Max and Aria start to help Lily to clean up her campsite. This took almost an hour to clean till they were all ready to start their journey again. "And we are off once more!" Max says enthusiastically. They all stated walking down the trail. Max was excited as they had a new person joining the group. This was the start of a great new friendship.

{1011 words}