Movie Night

Getting dark, Caine rounded up the crew and spoke while summoning bean bags onto the stage. "So, I have found a way through my code to access the

INTERNET!

Although, very limited.. I found this movie called Coraline and I will play it. Enjoy."

Caine pulls down a large projector and snaps his fingers, the movie beginning. It's a bit low quality, which is understandable. The gang takes seats on the bean bags, getting comfortable.

Every time the other mother shows up on screen, Jax leans over to Ragatha and whispers in her ear. "Can't believe you got cast in this movie."

Ragatha pushes him away, unable to hide her smile at his jokes.

About halfway through the movie, Ragatha shivers, keeping her voice down. "Brr.. it's really cold out at night."

Jax whispers, smirking. "You can come sit with me, I'll keep you warm."

Ragatha quickly shuffles over to sit next to Jax, and he puts his arm around her shoulder. His fur is surprisingly warm and fluffy!

It starts getting to the scary part of the movie, and Ragatha presses up against Jax, squealing. "Oh no..."

Jax chuckles. "Don't worry. I've gotcha."

Zooble and Gangle exchange glances between each other and the two.

The credits roll, and they start conversing among themselves.

Kinger speaks up above the others. "My favorite character was the other father. He can play the piano good."

Zooble throws a counter argument at him. "But that wasn't even him playing, that was the piano itself."

Gangle tries to stop the fight early. "It's fine, it doesn't matter!"

Jax raises his hand. "My favorite character was the other mother, cause she looks like Dollface here."

Jax pokes Ragatha's cheek, and she looks up at him angrily. "No, you like her cause she's the villain."

Jax shrugs with one arm, still keeping his other around Ragatha. "That too."

After a bit of chatting, Ragatha yawns and leans her head on Jax's shoulder. Jax's ears perk up, and he stares at her, a bit flustered.

Pomni stares at them, smiling pitifully. "Awww!"

Jax shushes her. "I think she's falling asleep..."

Caine appears, starting to speak loudly. "So, how-"

Everyone aggressively tells Caine to be quiet, loudly whispering. Ragatha shifts a bit, getting comfortable and using Jax as a pillow.

Caine tries to keep quiet but struggles. "Okay, so you can sleep out here for now... if she wakes up, take her to her room!"

Jax nods, and the others leave quietly. Caine stays and stares at them for a bit. "Hmm, I need to rethink human forms of affection.."

After Caine leaves, Jax looks down at Ragatha sleeping peacefully, and smiles. He brushes her hair out of her face, staring for a bit before closing his eyes and heading to sleep as well.

---

Ragatha wakes up, opening her eyes slowly. Her arms are wrapped around one of Jax's arms, and he's hugging her close to him. She feels her face get warm, and sits up, pushing away from Jax.

Jax is startled awake, yawning and stretching. "Oh. Hey. Morning."

Ragatha speaks quickly, facing away from Jax. "Hi! Good morning. Sorry about falling asleep."

Jax laughs, staring up at the still-dark ceiling. "It's fine. I don't mind. It was kinda cute anyway.."

Ragatha looks at him, almost in disbelief. "Really? You think I'm cute?"

Jax sits up, avoiding eye contact. "I guess so, yeah..."

Ragatha smiles, speaking before she can think through it in her head. "Thanks! I think you're kinda cute too."

Jax drops his ears, covering his face angrily. "Don't say that! I am not cute!"

Ragatha laughs, and the lights turn on. The morning announcements don't play, they must only be in the bedrooms.

Ragatha stands up. "We should head to the table. I'm hungry!"

Jax nods, following her. The others are still waking up while they eat their food.

Jax stops, staring off into the distance. "You really think that..?"

Ragatha smirks. "What, that you're cute? Absolutely. You are adorable when you get all embarrassed!"

Jax looks at her, shocked. "What! Aw man, I gotta keep that stuff in check.."

Ragatha laughs, continuing to eat her food. She thinks a bit too hard about that encounter while eating.

Wait, he said I was cute. And I said he was cute back! What was I thinking?! But... does he actually- what if he likes me?! No, that's not how it is. He was just saying the truth. Nothing more.

She feels a tap on her shoulder, and looks up to see Gangle, looking concerned. "Are you okay?"

Ragatha gives a thumbs up, grinning. "Yup! Just thinkin' about stuff."

Gangle walks back to her seat. "Okay."

Caine seems shocked and scarred. "I should not have gone on the internet. From now on, I am banning that place, both from you and from my subconscious."

Caine floats away slowly. "I need time to recover. Go run around the grounds or something. I do not care."

Pomni gets up from the table, excited. She starts running toward the outside, and the others follow suit shortly after.

Jax is having friendly banter with Zooble, and Kinger is stopping to look at every bug he can find. Gangle is cloudgazing, and Pomni is running around like a little kid.

Ragatha sits down on a bench, watching Pomni to make sure she doesn't get hurt.

Pomni runs up to Ragatha, flapping her hands back and forth. "Come with me! Watch me!"

Pomni grabs Ragatha's hand and leads her to a spot in the grass. Pomni does a somersault, popping up on her feet. "Ta-da!!"

Ragatha claps. "Well done! Why don't you show the others?"

Pomni nods, running off to Jax and Zooble. Ragatha sighs, returning to the bench and sitting down.

She looks to where the trio are, watching for Jax's reaction to Pomni's trick. He seems impressed.

Jax turns and waves to Ragatha. She waves back, feeling happier just by saying hi.