Newton's Thoughts

Hamza let out a soft sigh as he turned to face his men, raising his brows inquisitively. "What's the issue now?" he asked, amusement evident in his tone.

"He was behaving like a donkey," Newton jeered, with a mocking glint in his eyes. Hamza took a deep breath and stood up, ready to address the situation.

"Listen son, if we want to find her, we must endure all nonsense, understand? If not for any other reason, then for her sake," Hamza stated, gazing directly into the young man's eyes. Newton exhaled deeply and relaxed his stance.

"Fine, but only because you asked me to. And also because I want you both to be reunited. But if, after this, he attempts to take her away from you... I swear to God," Newton's teeth were gritted, causing his comrades to tremble with fear.

"That's reasonable enough," Hamza agreed, patting Newton's left cheek tenderly. He cared deeply for the boy. He was like a son to him, and always would be.

"Your majesty, what are your intentions with her?" Titan inquired curiously. In truth, they were all intrigued by where Hamza's relationship with the girl was headed.

"It would be wise to secure her before anyone else does," Topaz chimed in, suggesting a plan. "She is already mine. No other man will lay claim to her, neither my pack nor my kingdom. Destiny has bound her to me, so don't worry," Hamza responded earnestly.

The three men gave him perplexed looks, causing him to chuckle softly. "You'll soon understand," he commented, just as Ellery descended in all black, with a wine-colored cloak. Newton resisted the urge to roll his eyes at Ellery's attempt to look impressive, even in the midst of a dangerous situation.

Hamza, sensing Newton's thoughts, shook his head subtly before leading the group out of the living room. The men trekked through the land of faes and the land of witches, a perilous journey, but the quickest route to reach her.

Silence reigned since their departure from Ellery's estate, with no inquiries being made of him by his companions. These were the dark faes, a formidable and potent group.

Their influence seldom extended to other Kingdoms, as they were usually embroiled in their own internal conflicts. In truth, they preferred to remain uninvolved. Only when it served their own interests would they intervene.

Four hours and a half had passed before they finally closed in on the unknown border. Ellery, who led the group, dismounted his horse with vigour.

"She's here," he announced to his companions who gazed at him with questioning expressions. However, Hamza seemed more preoccupied with the necklace he held in front of his eyes, watching the locket swing back and forth.

"I know," Hamza muttered, his focus shifting to their surroundings. "There are twelve guards patrolling the border. Three on the south, three on the north, three on the east, and the remaining three on the west." The four men and Ellery stood in awe, shocked by Hamza's seemingly impossible knowledge of their location when they were still several minutes away from the border.

"They are all armed with daggers and swords, and I can sense a few potions on their persons as well," Hamza added, his posture relaxed and confident.

"Newton and Topaz, take the north. Titan and Reginald, take the south. Ellery, take the east and leave the west to me. I want it to be quiet. My magic is activated, so they won't sense us for ten minutes," Hamza instructed, dismounting from his horse, Ragnar Noir.

"Let's move," he said with a cold detachment. His men and Ellery disappeared into the darkness, while Hamza turned to his horse and spoke softly to him.

"Go find her. If anyone tries to stop you, do whatever you must to get past them," he added, patting Ragnar Noir on the back. With that, the horse vanished into the night, his dark fur blending seamlessly into the shadows.