16

God, what time is it?

I was groggy and tired, the ceiling lights blinding my sensitive, sleepy eyes. Out of reflex, I tried to pull my wrist up and check my watch, but I found it bound to something. As I came to my senses, I first remembered where I was and what had happened earlier. I was in some underground lab disguised as a gang hideout, and they have Kyle and Irene, and they knocked me out. How long have I been out?

I noticed I was sat down on the floor, my arms handcuffed behind me, tethered to something. I turned around, my arms were wrapped around a support beam or pole of some sort. I think google called them Lally Columns.

I yanked at my cuffs, the tightness beginning to irritate my wrists. I looked around the room, mostly empty except for the door I faced. And of course, the few men surrounding me from a distance, watching me.

A fear came over me, "What do you want?" I ask again. Such a broad question. But part of me is too scared to narrow it down.

No answer. I sigh, "What's 'Project Visionary'?"

"It's you." Answered a man on the right. I didn't understand the sudden shortness, these people loved to talk.

I roll my eyes, "But what does it mean?"

One of them was hastily working on something from a table outside my field of vision white the other two monitored. Whether they monitored me or the door, I wasn't sure. The busy one spoke, "It means you can do cool things because of us."

"So, what, I'm an experiment?"

"More or less."

"Jesus christ." I groan, earning a quick kick in the gut, "Ok, so, you guys experimented on me when I was born or something, I don't know, that's cool and all, but what does it have to do with me now?"

"A lot of reasons." He mumbled, going back and forth between desks and writing while talking. "Regarding you, we just wanna figure out how to do to ourselves what we did to you. Unfortunately, the whole invisibility thing only worked on you, and the whole goal was for us to use it."

"Bro," one of the guards elbowed the other with a grin, "Imagine we roll up on the crips all invisible in our car, like on the spongebob shit."

"Yooo, like mermaid man and barnacle boy!" the other widened his eyes.

I paused to think, "So... You guys, like, kidnapped me as a baby or something, just to test the whole invisibility thing? Y'all took some random ass baby just to make sure that you wouldn't blow up? And it didn't even work on you guys?"

"We took you for boutta hour. But you're not our main concern." One of the men shrugged, "It's that friend of yours."

I scrunch my nose, "Kyle?"

"No. McCormick." He answered. "Yeah, I could give less of a fuck about being invisible, but immortality? I don't even know how we managed to do that to him. One lucky ass kid."

I laughed, "You guys are crazy."

"I ain't crazy, I'm a motherfucking genius."

"Ok, Kanye..." I roll my eyes sarcastically with a smirk, taunting them. Maybe my demeanor was because I hadn't fully processed everything. Kenny and I were some freak experiments? It sounded too stupid to even say out loud. I began to speak again, "So then why'd you guys all come to South Park?"

"To try and find y'all. But when you were doin your whole superhero thing and people caught you on camera, it was just way too easy."