1

17th November 2023

Sitting alone in a tricycle covered with the droplets of the rain. It was a dense atmosphere and you could smell the rain itself everywhere. I scrolled through my phone as I waited patiently for another passenger so that the vehicle could leave. It was already 1:30 pm and the class's ceremony and meeting was bound to start at 1:00 pm.

The tricycle's driver kept on glancing at me to see if I was in a hurry because he too knows what time the classes will be starting. But, I gave him no worries as I continued scrolling through my phone nonchalantly.

Minutes later, a man in a red shirt came and the two of us were enough so that the public transpo could leave. I thought we would head straight to the centro but I guess the driver wanted to find other passengers in which he did find two. It was a mother and her daughter. The mother was sophisticated looking and the daughter was wearing her headphones like how I always see her at the school grounds.

The mother sat beside me and the daughter sat at the back of the driver. As she sat next to me, I could feel the memories I had with her and her daughter when we were still in elementary. The daughter was once my very close best friend when we were young and even her mother knew me. Our bond was so close that time, I even started calling her mother, "tita".

But those were simply fleeting memories. I can feel the hesitance of her mother beside me as if she knew who I am but kept quiet because her daughter and I were merely strangers to each other now.